Homesteaders

68 is not warm enough for someone with your wife's issues. Any way you can jack that heat up a degree or two more? Electric throws will help, but she's probably not generating enough of her own heat. Perhaps you'll have to help her with that! Maybe you need to get her a couple more cats.

well been planning a trip to the grocery store well natures store that is :) not sure when though.

but been talking to a guy my family knows and told us there are a lot of rabbits around our family farm, (mostly jack rabbit i believe.) right now at the moment i can't have a gun (waiting for my firearms licence still) but with my trapping licence i can legally snare rabbits, so i decided i might do some research into snaring rabbits for some good eating.

I got my rabbit condo almost built and the lazy slackers finally have all the windows in the goat barn but power not hooked up, concrete not poured and latches need attaching.
20171215_133754.jpg

Well she's staying warm under the blankts/throws. One cat is all I can take care of. :lol: Maybe pile on a few chickens? :lau

Another thing to help her and you fell warm is to make sure you have a humidifier. I keep 2 kettles on my stove and when I pulled out the hygrometer out of the incubator and put in the living room It said the house was at 30 not 55.

Howdy
I'm living on 98 acres totally off grid in north central Alberta. Solar power, wood stove & no water.
Right now I have 2 butcher hogs (3rd was butchered a few weeks ago), 4 buckeye hens and a rooster and 3 cats (2 are mousers). Hoping to add a dog next summer and eventually some cattle or bison. Right now we've got 60 acres of alfalfa and about half an acre ready for a garden next summer.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone and picking up some tips & tricks along the way.

Howdy
I'm living on 98 acres totally off grid in north central Alberta. Solar power, wood stove & no water.
Right now I have 2 butcher hogs (3rd was butchered a few weeks ago), 4 buckeye hens and a rooster and 3 cats (2 are mousers). Hoping to add a dog next summer and eventually some cattle or bison. Right now we've got 60 acres of alfalfa and about half an acre ready for a garden next summer.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone and picking up some tips & tricks along the way.
hey neighbor (am from Saskatchewan)

Back
Top Bottom