Honest opinions needed

4H Mom, I love it and agree with all the other comments and corrections. I have one concern , though, about your claim that they are lower fat, not that it isn't true, but I think you have to have a study that proves it. Then again, what are the chances any one will complain to the USDA... Good luck!

It rocks!
woot.gif

Thank you all!
big_smile.png

dream girl...I did my own study to compare fat content on one of our birds, and a similar sized store bought bird. We cooked both and noted the differences.

My birds were lean in comparison, and had very little to no fat under the skin. The store bought bird was fuller looking when cooked, but it turned out that most of the "fullness" was fat under the skin and grizzle within the meat. I liked this because I normally would not eat the skin on the chicken because of the fat. Now I can eat the crispy skin from my own chickens and enjoy it while not feeling guilty!
tongue.png
I may decide to take that part off the label because I really cant back it up, other than the organic feed I use is lower in fat than the crap they feed their factory birds.
hmm.png

Thank you everyone else for your honest opinions! I will be correcting the typos and such later today and will post the finished product here.

I think you should make the top a bit bigger, and the bottom text a bit smaller. Most people will only read the top, and skip the bottom, so you might as well emphasize it. Maybe a 10 to 15% swap on size.

It looks good. Nice proofing, MayberrySaints. Will you do my graduate thesis while you are at it?
smile.png

-MTchick

Interessting. And I was thinking about it, there are studies out there that I believe agree with you. I think they also say that the birds like your have more nutritional value. I swear I read it in a magazine I may still ahve at home. I'll try to remember to look--I just hope it was for poultry and not beef...

Looks really good to me.
big_smile.png
Lots of info, too. Just my opinion, but on line 7, I would remove the word other. To me, it seems to put yours in the same category, which they certainly are not.

I think it looks great! I agree with what some other people said, maybe make the chicken pic bigger.
smile.png
I would buy that, spelling mistakes and all
tongue.png
!!

I have had a business or two, and written my share of ad copy. So I suggest....
.... leave out the entire sentance starting with Happy chicken... you cannot really say what other chicken people are doing. In oregon we have foster farms, a large grower that is using the same aurgument.

It would give you more space for your logo ,,, and make it more simple, sound a little less preachy..... beware of promising anything...
I know you are proud of your product,,, but let it speak for itsself....
I like the just logo, perhaps that would be the cleanest label..
(I have had organic chicken that tasted terrible.... it happens.....)

good luck !
I really wish you the best, keep us all posted.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom