Honey-Soy Chicken

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by helmstead, Feb 27, 2008.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    This was a hit the other night, esp. with the kids.

1 chicken, cut up
    1/2 cup flour
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper
    1 cup onion, chopped
    1 tbsp each minced fresh ginger & garlic
    scant 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 cup honey
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup water

You can skin the chicken or leave it on (I left it on). Mix flour, salt & pepper. Dredge chicken in that, then fry it in a large pan and about 1 tbsp oil over med heat for about 10 mins, turning once (until golden brown). Set aside.

Add the onion to the pan, sautee til golden. Add ginger, garlic, and cinnamon and cook 30 seconds. Add liquids, cook until honey dissolves.

Add the chicken back, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 mins or until the chicken is done. You'll have sauce left for dipping or just pouring over your plate. I served it over rice.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I've done this with cubed chicken breasts, and after cooked--i tossed it in spaghetti noodles. We loved it too!!

3. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

This is dinner tonight Helmstead! THANKS! [​IMG]

Helmstead, I'm back to tell you that I made this last night! I doubled everything because we had people over for dinner, and it was a big hit. I didn't have any regular flour (only had bread flour) so improvised and used bisquick and it worked like a charm. My teenagers that aren't too fond of chicken (it gets served often at my house) want it again next week. Thanks for a GREAT recipe. [​IMG]
    Cathy

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by