Hookbills at 2 weeks *pics*

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by raindrop, Apr 21, 2008.

1. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    Ah, they grow so fast. Two are very friendly, one is friendly if food is involved, two are a bit skittish. They are all doing really well. In the first picture, they are 10 days old, the rest were taken today and they are 2 weeks tomorrow.
    These were substituted for the sold-out Silver Appleyards, I think they are very cute and so tall and slender right now. I think I have 4 White-Bibbed Dusky and 1 Dusky (the bravest).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    In pic # 2, the one in the front looks like its saying" do u mind, trying to bath here", heheheheh, very cute.........

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I can't wait to see them whent hey are grown and their bills are developed! I love the hookbills!

4. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Lol...so cute! [​IMG] [​IMG] They look like they are havin' a blast in their "pond"! Mine were trying to swim in the baking sheet under the waterers this morning so I had to put a cake pan of water in there. Good thing I have extra pots and pans around - who knew?

Raindrop our babies are on the same schedule - I was just about to post their two week update as well. [​IMG]

5. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Aw. They're so cute. I want hookbills!

6. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:My thoughts exactly! Cute ducklings.

7. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I cannot wait to get a warm sunny day so I can start letting my goslings and ducklings have supervised swimming. It doesn't look like it will be this week. ><

8. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    Quote:Nope. When it was 75 two weekends ago the goslings had so much fun following my son and I around the property, no such luck lately. I finally got smart last weekend and picked a bunch of grass midday to put in the fridge so I wouldn't have to feed them icy frozen grass in the am!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by