Simply Stated
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
Hope Mills, NC
It has began! *insert evil laugh here. The chicken village will continue
ya.gif
I am no longer in the denial phase, I need to get a sign make for the gate
lau.gif

So anyway, for you guys who don't care about the chicken village thing and just want to see pictures, here ya go. It is 6'x7'. It was going to be 8'x6', but instead of buying new wood, I just used what was available and only had 1 board that was 8'. Here is a link that shows the plans. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=175007 So...
celebrate.gif

This is the base frame. It's just like in the plans, 2 4x4s and 2 2x4s. I didn't have any screws, so I used nails
hide.gif

hoopcoop001.jpg

Angel likes it too
hoopcoop002.jpg

I know it's not a lot YET, but it is coming along

Last edited:
She looks good in that picture since she just got out of bath a few hours ago. She wouldn't let me blow dry her though

One step at a time
lol.png

I can't wait to get PVC pipe. I called and they said it's only 1.29 a piece for .5in x10'. THis isn't UV protected, but I planned to paint the stuff. If I really like it then I'll move out the other coops and make more of these
big_smile.png

I really do have to quit looking at other people's coops or I'll end up in the same boat!
caf.gif

On the other hand, I could get some great ideas!

Can't wait to see your coop as it progresses! (what else is there to do on a rainy night but look at other people's coop building, right?)
pop.gif

Well I am hoping to get PVC pipes on Wednesday night. We have to work with moms work schedule you know. If I can't get any then, I will just paint the pase. I think I'm doing to paint it dark green, so it will blend with the grass. I already have forest green exterior paint
big_smile.png

i am actually building something very similar, and i was thinking, since i plan on moving it around my yard, and my yard is not all that flat, that i would put the chicken wire under the base as well, so that nothing digs in (or out). I figure that they can still get to the ground.

any feedback?

Back
Top Bottom