Hoop Coop HAS BEGUN 5/4/9

Quote:
i went to buy the materials today, but when i got there, i could nto deside to get the old standard chicken wire, or the new PVC Poultry Netting. but it only cam in 36" widths, so i decided to look somewhere else before i start.

i also am not sure yet if i am netting the bottom?

I strongly suggest having an apron of chicken wire. I have one on my coop (not this one) that's 1 foot. it stops them from making wholes out when dust bathing. Not cover the bottom, but an apron is what i suggest
big_smile.png

Quote:
i went to buy the materials today, but when i got there, i could nto deside to get the old standard chicken wire, or the new PVC Poultry Netting. but it only cam in 36" widths, so i decided to look somewhere else before i start.

i also am not sure yet if i am netting the bottom?

I would not use PVC netting. It isn't very predator resistant. If you did use it don't worry about securing the base b/c it would be like getting a security system for your house when you never even close the doors. Thats just my reccomendation. I would hate for you to get PVC and then something tear through it and get to your flock. Its not unheard of for something to tear through wire though if properly secured it should be pretty difficult.

Back
Top Bottom