Hoop coop project finally complete

Forgot to add, had the same problem w/lack of shade, so I use 2 shade cloths over my "grow-out" pen & they work great -- got them at Walmart end of season 3 years ago, they are still holding up just fine. I just picked up a battery operated fan the other day for when it gets brutally hot.

thumbsup.gif
Really nice!

That is a great coop! We have the same shade issues here in AZ so our coop is just made of 1/2" hardware cloth on wood frame. Will have a roof to shade but just have shade cloth and a few odd pieces of plywood leftovers sitting on the hardware cloth roof right now. We made a big sunshade to cover the run area and they seem to like it much better during the day now.

We may have to tarp the coop when our windstorms (monsoons) start later in the summer. But for now they need the ventilation until they get used to the increasing temperatures.

CaroleW

Love it! What an excellent coop! You might want to put the nest boxes away until the girls start laying, so they don't get into the habit of sleeping in them.
smile.png

Paradise Chickens
"Poultry in Motion!"

What did you use for Shade cloth? I am in Houston and with the price of wood I am thinking of other options as my babies are now 4-5 months old and have outgrown our coop. I purchased a 8x6 greenhouse. Why my thought is to remove the siding and roofing that come with. Utilize fence pickets to build up the bottom walls. I'm a bit stuck beyond that!!

What did you use for Shade cloth? I am in Houston and with the price of wood I am thinking of other options as my babies are now 4-5 months old and have outgrown our coop. I purchased a 8x6 greenhouse. Why my thought is to remove the siding and roofing that come with. Utilize fence pickets to build up the bottom walls. I'm a bit stuck beyond that!!

Unfortunately the person who started this thread hasn't been on since 2013.

If you start a thread in the coops section I am certain you will find a lot of great helpful people.

Back
Top Bottom