HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Our weather station read TWO degrees this morning!!!
th.gif
I am NOT a fan of the cold. Around 31 in the coop...it'll drop once I go open the pop door though. I've got my salmon faverolle girl in my bathroom for observation, as she's been ill. I wanted to put her back out today, but I think I'll wait until tonight when everything's shut up again. Schools here are on a two hour delay; most roads are just fine, but lots of backroads through the hills, so I guess better safe than sorry.

Just got to work--HEHE- and roads toand in Louisville are fine. Just a little snow blowing around. Bad news is really the temps. Stay warm and safe everyone.

How did everyone end up living in Indiana??

I was an army brat. We lived in Maryland,Alabama,Hawaii,Illinois,Alaska, amd Ohio. When my dad retired, we moved here which is where my moms family are all at. It was between here or Wisconsin, where my dads family was from. So I'm still here as I have grandkids now, and I'm NOT moving away from them.!!!!

I'm originally a mountaineer (WV), but dropped out of college to join the military. YEARS later, I ended up a Hoosier through marriage to DH, who grew up here. I've only been here for 5 years, so I don't know a lot about this state yet...

Except for a brief two year period when I lived in Louisville, I have always lived in IN. Went to school in IN too (one very cold year at Purdue and the rest at IU Bloomington).

Both of my parent's familes owned land in Harrison Co before IN was a state. My dad's family (Mifflin) migrated down the rivers from PA to KY and then moved across the Ohio River to IN. So I guess I am here by default!
hmm.png

I grew up in Arizona (so single digit temps for me SUCK!!), but my business partner grew up in Zionsville, IN and came to college in Arizona. We've been best friends for 25 years and six years ago he asked me to come join his business (architecture firm in Indianapolis). I also teach at Ball State part time - when I go to Muncie for class, that's my chance to hit the Rural King for chicken supplies!

My story is similar to hiker125. Our family is one of the first to settle the Fort Wayne area. We have a lot of native blood, French, Scottish and German. I tried to move away to NM a couple years ago but... I just couldn't leave. This state has dug its fingers in deap and it ain't lettin go.
wink.png

Quote:
I was scared to put my daugther on the schoolbus today. The main roads are fine but I am not comfortable with those little curvy and hilly backroads the bus has to take.
sad.png

And I'm so worried about my chickens. I hope it warms up soon.

Quote:
I'm originally from Poland - country in Europe, not town in IN. ;-) I came to US 12 years ago. I met my husband online while studying in Washington, DC. We got married and when we realized we were going to have a child we moved to IN, where my husband's family come from. I was finished with collage by then, and we sure didn't want to raise a kid in DC. It's been now 7 years since then. We moved a bit from place to place but always around Bloomington area.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom