HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
Let's have an exclusive thread just for us Hoosiers; after all, we ARE the best looking of all men, strongest of all women, and all of our children are above average, i.e., Garrison Keillor has nothing on us. Let's make ourselves known to one another.

Introduce yourself and/or your chickens. Have a question or information to share? Need help? Want to buy or to sell something? Know any gossip?

Last edited:
Im a Hoosier BORN AND RAISED !! I have 2 Buffs, 2 Barred Rocks, 4 New Hampshires..And just got 2 cochins and 2 polish chicks they were suppost to just be for fresh eggs but now we love them so much they are more like pets i call them are kids...im new to chickens so any info will help the stores that sell chicks seem to know nothing about chickens.
Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
BYC is a great place to find information.

Welcome sdsmowen!

Gale, when I'm stressed I go pet a chicken...lol! Yeah, if my income was coming from crops (or being supplemented with crops), I'd be stressed too. I just grow a garden for hobby/leisure, and this drought has me stressing over it. I think we need to plan a mass car washing day across the state - that is sure to bring on rain....

I'm Sally I'm the Mother of 3 Girls. (2 on BYC:My oldest is Sebright mom and my youngest Little chicken girl 101) and Grandmother to 4 (3 girls ,1 boy)

We raise and show: silkies,OEG, Dark cornish , showgirls, And Bantam Ameraucanas

About the only thing I have for sale right now is A cuckoo silkie rooster. Not wanting to buy anything at this time

Last edited:
Hello, I am Little Ameraucana Mom's oldest daughter, Heather. I live on a small farm. I have two dairy cows, Nubian and Mini Nubian goats, cayuga ducks, Call ducks, golden sebrights, bbs partridge silkies, Black Copper Marans, and LF Lavender Ameraucanas. My goal for the next couple of years is too grow and raise most if not all of my food.

I have two beautiful children Matthew 4 and Lillian 9 months. I am lucky to be able to stay home with them.

My list for sale right now

* 3 Mottled Java pullets $10 each or $20 for all three
* 4 Lavender Split LF Ameraucana cockerels $10 each or $20 for all four
* 4-6 BBS Partridge silkies cockerels for sale $25 each or 2 for $40
* 1 year old Partridge silkie rooster... $10
* 2 Olive Egger cockerels $5 each or both for $7

The more someone buys the more they save.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
My name is Joe. I live southwest of Greenwood, thirteen miles due south on 135 from the circle. I have a wife, Anne, and two grown children, Rex and Kate. Rex lives in Lafayette, and Kate lives in St. Augustine, Florida. I have seven bbs Orpington hens that tolerate one black rooster and one blue rooster, all from a line that I developed over a thirty-month period, six bbs silkies, five of which came from Little Ameraucana Mom, and eleven bbs Orpington chicks that I hatched from eggs that I was supposed to have thrown away for three weeks after medicating all my chickens to prevent respiratory problems. A fellow Hoosier will be coming to get those eleven chicks in a couple of weeks. I've incubated my eggs and given eggs, hens, roosters and chicks away to quite a few Hoosiers who now have my line of bbs Orpingtons, and they're as proud of them as I am.

Back
Top Bottom