HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

I am Jennifer from Hobart. I'm currently chicken-less, but working on getting my husband to say yes
wink.png

Quote:
whoa.

whoa.

WHOA.

Am I doing something wrong?

I could have been saying "no" or otherwise voicing my opinions all these years...?

Quote:
whoa.

whoa.

WHOA.

Am I doing something wrong?

I could have been saying "no" or otherwise voicing my opinions all these years...?

Well, no. Sometimes it just takes a little time to get the husband to realize that getting chickens was HIS idea the whole time.

"Wow, honey! You are so awesome. I sure am glad you suggested getting these chickens. Not only is the egg income wonderful, but our family is looking more robust and healthy after eating all those fresh eggs! What a clever man you are! Oh and that coop you built? ROCK solid. We wouldn't be half so successful if you weren't such a good carpenter. I can't wait to see what new designs you come up with when it comes time for you to build our second coop! I bet you're just full of ideas..."

Hi Hoosiers
smile.png
. I think my official introduction is several pages back, but I'll update...I'm Kristin, just west of Indy. We have 3 hens, 2 mixed LF and 1 black bantam cochin. The bantam is broody...again, for the 2nd time this spring. I think she needs some eggs to sit on. Does anyone around Indy have any fertile eggs for sale? I think I'm looking for 6-8 and hoping to get 2 girls out of that. Any roosters that hatch would have to go before they crow. I work on the northside, but can drive for the right eggs
smile.png

I just got permission from my husband to buy a few more laying hens. So, do any of you have some hens or older pullets available? I'm looking for (healthy!) laying stock. I am only interested in standards though I am not picky about breed. I can offer no more than 10.00 per bird. I live 30 minutes east of Indianapolis.

I can offer Australorp mix chicks in trade as well.

Quote:
frow.gif
Hi Jennifer from Hobart! I live in Valpo . My daughter, SIL, 2 grandkids and 2 sisters live in Hobart. I have a really cute bantam dark cornish hen available. Asking $20. She is a good layer.

Quote:
United Producers is starting to hold swap meets in Scottsburg the fourth Saturday of each month. You can usually find things pretty reasonably priced at swaps.
Also, Knox swaps in northern Indiana (Starke County) are monthly. The dates disappeared from the thread, but I sent for them. I hope to be going in June; if I make it, you're welcome to ride along with me. I pass by Greenfield on the way.

Last edited:
Quote:

Well, no. Sometimes it just takes a little time to get the husband to realize that getting chickens was HIS idea the whole time.

LOL exactly! I started last night... We have a large dog run that came with the house that just gets moved around the yard. We have pieces to a shed we never build (used some pieces elsewhere) that can be repurposed to build a coop. Wouldn't cost a thing! Tonight I'm going to throw in that our son hasn't gotten me a Mother's Day present yet (he's 2!) and allowing me to have chickens would be a wonderful gift. And our anniversary is coming up...
love.gif

Bluebird - I was thinking standard chickens, but I'll keep it in mind!

Back
Top Bottom