HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
I'm up for that. Mrs Delmar also mentioned that you you be interested in putting together an incubator, which would be fun. Do you get any extra fertilized turkey eggs that you would be interested in trading?

Right now all 3 of my turkey hens are setting on eggs! I am hoping some hatch and were fertile, as I've not witnessed the "deed".I'll let you know after these hatch...

I have stryofoam coolers if you want to make more bators!

Hey y'all,
We're thinking about keeping 2-4 egg layers in a fancy township just north of Indianapolis. You can guess where
wink.png

Yes, we'd become criminals.
lol.png

Doing my research now but I think we can pull it with our privacy fence and trees, and friendly neighbors. I'll keep you all informed
cool.png

frow.gif
Welcome CptCluck to BYC and the Hoosiers thread! You can swing it . . . just start out with a couple of banty breeds -lots to choose from- and see how it goes. Set up a cute doggie crate somewhere in the house in case you need to 'hide' them inside, LOL.
hide.gif
Oh...get them some pants (chicken diapers) cause we all know "farm animals don't where clothes do they".
lau.gif

Quote:
Why do that? The Captn wants egg layers. I would jump straight to a great egg laying breed. Barred Rocks or EE.

Bantams don't lay eggs???

I still haven't been able to locate some nice hens to augment my flock's egg production. I am probably going to be making a trip up north to Winamac, Indiana (from Indianapolis) and wondered if any Hoosiers along my route might have some hens for sale. We'll be making the trip this weekend. We pass through Monticello, Lafayette and Logansport. Good laying ability is a must, but breeds don't matter. I prefer standard-sized fowl. Looking to spend less than 10.00 per bird. I am also looking for heritage breed chicks, a Welsh Harlequin ducklet, and guineas.

Anyone have the Building chicken coops for dummies book??

Worth the money or does it basically say "build a shed with an extra, little door"? I'm considering the combo of the dummies books from the BYC store, but I'd just like a bit of input on it. (no reviews, of course)

I'm thinking now that my hens will outnumber my roos instead of vice-versa.
big_smile.png
I need to get more pics up some time to see if I can get some verification.

Back
Top Bottom