HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
Cuckoo Marans, Dominiques, Silkies, White Laced Red Cornish Bantams, Pearl OEGB....

I've got half a dozen Marans and a Dom or two that are over a week or so old, and 3 Silkies just hatched, and several more Marans and a few OEGBs are getting ready to hatch over the next couple days.

There'll be more Doms and Cornish and etc. a little later, more batches in the incubator.

Mine are not show quality. Just average good ol' farm birds. lol
tongue.png

Ok I have got to ask. What kind of turkeys? I think my young poult has started earning her way out of Christmas dinner. She is only about 8-10 weeks old and she is already a good momma.
20110531201328.jpg

Hello everyone! Figured I would repost for people who havent seen the link yet.

Dont forget about our 2011 Indiana Chickenstock coming up on Saturday, August 06, 2011! Click HERE to visit the thread and sign up to come
smile.png
There is also a link to follow to our food sign up list for the pot luck lunch and a link to follow to our For Sale/Swap/Wanted thread as well listed in the first post on the main thread.

Hope to see you all there!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jennifer & my family and I are in Kokomo, Indiana. We use to live in Indy until a few years ago, when we decided to move out of the city & in to the country. I am married to my hubby John, this is our 18th year of marriage. We have 4 beautiful & smart children, Brittney ~ 17, Halie ~ 15, Courtney ~ 14 and out only son, Jordan ~8. We have a dog, his name is Talen and he is a rescue of sorts.

I am new to farm animals in general. I am looking to raise chicks mainly for eggs at this time. So, as of now, I have no baby or adult chicks to speak about. I am still trying to figure out how & what to build a coop from and what chickens to get. I am not sure if I want a rooster at first, maybe later on.

So if you live close to me, let me know! I would love to learn more about raising chicks!

Thank you for having me here !!!!

Jen

jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome Jennifer! I'm also a Jennifer, married to a Jon
wink.png
We're over in Hobart. No chickens here yet, still trying to get him to say yes. This board is wonderful and you'll learn lots!

Quote:
Both of you Jennifers need to come to Chicken stock and meet all us crazy chicken people !!
celebrate.gif

I wish I could, but it's the same day as my cousin's boys birthday party. But then again, she skipped my son's birthday party to go car shopping....
lau.gif
That'd be an awesome excuse not to go!

Hey Hoosiers!

Im located North of Zionsville on 8.5 acres. I currently only have 4 Pullet White Leghorns and 2 Buff Orpington Roosters (gotta find the roosters a new home). I am looking for more Leghorns if anyone has any or knows a breeder, please let me know!
I am trying to only have productive egglayers as we want the eggs for ourselves and the dogs (I own/breed & show Neapolitan Mastiffs and also have one Anatolian Shepherd & one old lady pitbull-11y).
I also have one IB Peacock split black shoulder (just found this out for sure from this great site
smile.png
) Which I am also waiting to find a Hen for him!

Nice to meet you all!!

frow.gif
Welcome to BYC! Retired now from it, but I showed dogs for about 25 years. First Shar-pei, then Basenjis, then Italian Greyhounds. Lot of work but I really enjoyed it.
Nice website...and very nice Neos, Charina!

Back
Top Bottom