HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
th.gif
Wow! Kramer has some NICE summer digs!! That's gorgeous! Is he tank kept in winter???

We have to keep him in a large plastic cement tub with dirt and a sun lamp. Poor guy is not happy with his winter digs.
hit.gif
Sometimes I take him out and let him walk around the house.

gig.gif
Ravie...a featherless roo he is...
lau.gif
...but never pesters my girls when they scratch around in his pen.

Quote:
Hey thanks! Chis are the best for sure. I started out as a "big dog" lover and then fell in love with the biggest of all dogs in a tiny body;)

Quote:
I forwarded this to my DH telling him he had a clone. Another wonderful angelic husband comes to light.
love.gif
Good for you!

You two aren't the only ones. Mine puts up with me (hardest job of all), chickens everywhere, and even whelping pups on the bed while he sleeps on the couch! Chis are small and whelping takes hours so to save my back I put down plastic and towels on the bed. How's that for a DH?

Quote:
I forwarded this to my DH telling him he had a clone. Another wonderful angelic husband comes to light.
love.gif
Good for you!

You two aren't the only ones. Mine puts up with me (hardest job of all), chickens everywhere, and even whelping pups on the bed while he sleeps on the couch! Chis are small and whelping takes hours so to save my back I put down plastic and towels on the bed. How's that for a DH?

Wow!
My DH was one of TRIPLETS!!
Good for us.

Last edited:
This is turning into a DH adoration page.
Must be the corn fed beef!
There are men in Hoosier Country too! Got any DW you want to brag on while we're on the subject?

With all the fairs going on, I worry about those poor chickens in the poultry buildings. Some of the kids (okay, and even some adults), don't think about how much water it takes in the heat. I have given water to birds in shows without ever knowing whose they were.

Quote:
love.gif
Good for you!

How many do you have?

PFF - I have 8 birds, but couldn't lure my little d'uccle roo inside. He was two when we got him, so although he's friendly enough, he's no lap chicken. So I have seven (5 1/2 if I discount for three being bantams) sitting in the kitchen now, baby-gated off. I stuck a peach basket w/hay in it under the table and w/in five minutes my boss hen had hopped in to lay her egg...lol.
Two downsides: I turned the a.c. up to 78 (so it wouldn't be such a jump when they go back out this evening), so that's a bit warm for me. And because my girls spend little time in their run, I never see too many droppings. But boy so I see them now...lol!!
They are liking the cool tile on their bellies though - I hear some chicken purring going on as I type.
Here's June Bug in her makeshift nest -
37862_115_heat_index_002.jpg

chisnchickens - I'm thinking my DH wouldn't be quite THAT giving...lol.
pdbirdhaven - I'm the same way - I've snuck over fences to take water to chained dogs (no water - hot summer days
smack.gif
) Some people just don't THINK!!

Back
Top Bottom