HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
HA, HA... I doubt I'd make much of a teacher. I was a kid just doing chores I was told to do. The only thing I learned is "Don't go into the hen house to collect eggs bare footed." It only took 1 time, guess I'm a quick learner:lau

Last edited:
Quote:
poopy feet?
sickbyc.gif

Hi! This is my very first post! I'm located in Middletown, Indiana (outside of Anderson). I currently have 11 adults (2 roos:eek:ne is very violent! and 9 hens), 19 "teenagers" (about 6 weeks), and 16 babies (about 2 weeks) all White Rock. My adults were ordered on the internet - shipped as day-olds in a box about 3-4 years ago. My husband and I decided to hatch some chicks this year. From the first crack in the eggs - I was hooked. I stood by the incubator for hours "coaching" them out of their shells (come on buddy, just one more hard push) I fell head-over-heels for the cute, little, fluffy balls running all over!
love.gif
So, we decided to hatch the next batch - and our neighbor gave us 12 turkey eggs to hatch at the same time. I was estatic!
celebrate.gif
I did all the research, read everything I could about raising/hatching/feeding etc. on them.
caf.gif
I didn't get ONE single turkey to hatch!!
hit.gif

So, we researched hatcheries around here - and I found one in Southern Indiana (bloomington) and called The Snoozin' Goose Ranch. Seth, the owner, had baby turkeys, guineas, pigeons, quails, ducks, geese, and even phesants (and a few others probably). I just got 5 baby turkeys (3 are mottled black, 1 is cream colored with gray speckles, and 1 white with black tips on its wings - not sure of the exact breeds) and 5 baby guineas (one is light gray/silver/purple, one is dark gray/silver/purple (pearls?), the other 3 are brown and black. THANKS SETH!!
thumbsup.gif

I had a little drama when I got them home. The three small babies and all the guineas fit right in with our recent hatch. My "teenager" chickens did NOT like the medium and large turkeys. They started pulling out their feathers, pecking and poking. My husband took our big dog kennel, wrapped it in chicken wire, and put the two turkeys in it, and put the kennel in with the teenagers. Poor turkeys want to get out and hang with the chickens, but the chickens just want to beat them up.
idunno.gif

There's my story so far. I have tons of questions - but I figure I will get to those eventually! Thanks for reading my novel!
lol.png

mick&cori :

Hi! This is my very first post! I'm located in Middletown, Indiana (outside of Anderson). I currently have 11 adults (2 roos:eek:ne is very violent! and 9 hens), 19 "teenagers" (about 6 weeks), and 16 babies (about 2 weeks) all White Rock. My adults were ordered on the internet - shipped as day-olds in a box about 3-4 years ago. My husband and I decided to hatch some chicks this year. From the first crack in the eggs - I was hooked. I stood by the incubator for hours "coaching" them out of their shells (come on buddy, just one more hard push) I fell head-over-heels for the cute, little, fluffy balls running all over!
love.gif
So, we decided to hatch the next batch - and our neighbor gave us 12 turkey eggs to hatch at the same time. I was estatic!
celebrate.gif
I did all the research, read everything I could about raising/hatching/feeding etc. on them.
caf.gif
I didn't get ONE single turkey to hatch!!
hit.gif

So, we researched hatcheries around here - and I found one in Southern Indiana (bloomington) and called The Snoozin' Goose Ranch. Seth, the owner, had baby turkeys, guineas, pigeons, quails, ducks, geese, and even phesants (and a few others probably). I just got 5 baby turkeys (3 are mottled black, 1 is cream colored with gray speckles, and 1 white with black tips on its wings - not sure of the exact breeds) and 5 baby guineas (one is light gray/silver/purple, one is dark gray/silver/purple (pearls?), the other 3 are brown and black. THANKS SETH!!
thumbsup.gif

I had a little drama when I got them home. The three small babies and all the guineas fit right in with our recent hatch. My "teenager" chickens did NOT like the medium and large turkeys. They started pulling out their feathers, pecking and poking. My husband took our big dog kennel, wrapped it in chicken wire, and put the two turkeys in it, and put the kennel in with the teenagers. Poor turkeys want to get out and hang with the chickens, but the chickens just want to beat them up.
idunno.gif

There's my story so far. I have tons of questions - but I figure I will get to those eventually! Thanks for reading my novel!
lol.png

Welcome!
Loved the "novel".
You'rre a great writer and will be a welcomed addition to our community!
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom