HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Yes, it was rescheduled. Krystal (PhoenixFeather Farm) was due toward the end of August but started having contractions and her doctor nixed that much activity. Hopefully we'll have a little cooler weather then than these 90's we've been having.
I hope that there is a good turnout. I've been to two chickenstocks in central Indiana, one in northern Indiana, and one in Kentucky. They were all a lot of fun with good people, good food, and chickens, of course. They're mainly a social event, but some trading and selling goes on as well. The link is below

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=465974

Check your calendars, folks!
clap.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
My eldest brother has lived in the San Diego area for the past 20 years or so. He says he could never move "back home," due to both the winters here and all of the allergens in this area (but mostly the winters). Maybe your first winter here will be a mild one (wouldn't that be nice for us all?)
fl.gif

Hi! I'm a teenage hobby breeder in central Indiana. I have 3 ducks (2 Blue Swedish and a Magpie), a trio of Silver Duckwing OEG Bantams, a trio of Lemon Blue Mottled d'Uccles, and I will hopefully be adding some Snowy Calls to my flock soon
big_smile.png
We also have 9 geese, around 30 various chickens, and 14 keets. When I'm not messing with my outside birds, I'm breeding my inside ones, lol. I currently have a pair of Red Factor Canaries, and would love to expand into Blue Crested Glosters, Topaz White Agates, and Pastel Agate Red Mosaics.
D.gif

This is your last reminder and invite opportunity!
Chicken People Meet & Greet Bonfire & Campout

To those of you who say " too far to travel, would you please post your local so that next year's traveling Meet can be done nearer to you. Would you offer to host next years event at your farm?

Paradise Found will be hosting a meet for people to come and enjoy the company of other chicken people.
We are located near the Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, IL.
Door Prises and good company.
Camping encouraged Saturday night in our 10 acre meadow.
62389_from_the_balcony.jpg

Hi Everyone!
I'm Denise of Paradise Found! I live a few miles outside of Hoosier country near Joliet, Il. I'm just off of I-80 by the Chicagoland Speedway. We have a lovey 14 acre farm and raise Wheaten Ameraucanas.

There are great door prises.
ep.gif

It is a free event.
ep.gif

Family friendly fun on the "cheep".
ep.gif

No reaching into your pocket for food vendors, raffle tickets, carnaval rides, admission or parking.
ep.gif

We don't, but our friends do, "habla espaniol". We do Habla English and Greek though!
ep.gif

We are minutes from the Chicagoland Speedway, who often shoot off fireworks just for us to watch.
ep.gif

Haven't had the cash to get away? Come on down! ( or over or up or sideways just get here )
ep.gif
wee.gif
ep.gif

Want to visit the National cemetary but it's too far? Just use here as a stop along the way! We're a 40 minute drive away, straight down the road.
ep.gif

There is a hiking/biking/riding trail adjacent tot he property. Bring your tennys, your bikes, or a trailer with horses.
ep.gif

Going to the races? Stop on in! Just throw a chicken under your arm and stop on in
ep.gif

This Saturday, August 20th, there will be a chicken people meet and greet at my farm. All Chicken people are welcomed. There will be camping and a bonfire. There is an indoor toilet. In case of inclement weather, we can move the whole thing ( except the bonfire) indoors as the farm is ready for such occasions. Indoors we can comforatbly accomondate 60 people in the same room.

Bring:
A dish to pass.
Your favorite beverages.
Bug spray
Yard chair
Friendly Dog(s) who don't chase chickens
Kids (on Leashes)
Other Chicken People
and a couple of laughs to share
You Know, , , the usual

Who can make it????

Our fun will be "G" rated but children are to be supervised at all times as we have a creek, an electric fence, a swimming hole and Heaven only knows what other thing might endanger them.

We are a private farm, you are entering at your own risk and liability. Contact Poster ( that's ME!) for invite & exact directions if you can make it

Hello fellow Hoosiers... I live on the west-side of INDY just down the street from the racetrack. I was wondering where everyone near me gets there feed from. I have been getting mine at the TSC in Plainfield, where I work, but was wondering if anyone knew of any feed stores or CO-OPs close to my house.

Thanks,
Dereck

Hi everyone,
I'm a new member from Indianapolis. Been lurking for a while and have learned a lot from the people posting here. So, heartfelt thanks!! I'm just getting my first coop up and running and looking for hens for sale. I'd like to start a small mixed flock (up to six) of layers in a variety of friendly, and pretty (ok. I admit it), breeds. Standard or bantam, feather-footed or not - all are fine. Also very interested in heritage and endangered breeds. I am not looking for show quality hens, however. Just layers to be much loved additions to our family of three (plus four spoiled indoor cats). Does anyone have young healthy hens for sale? Or recommendations of where to purchase chickens in the Indianapolis area? Many thanks in advance,
D.

Back
Top Bottom