HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

I can vouch for LAMom's and Heather's silkies--they have nice ones! I have several of theirs.

I'll be attending Gateway as well, and I hope that Heather and Sally will be there. I usually see them at the shows.

Had some real downers lately; critters got into one of my pens and killed 7 bantams. I set traps but haven't caught anything, though the bait keeps disappearing. Mice might be getting it. Then this week I found my porcelain silkie cockerel of the pair I bought at Crossroads lying in his coop. He had seemed fine the day before, but was dead that morning.
hit.gif
I think that I might have found a replacement but it was still a major disappointment.

I have some Partridge/ Blue Partridge silkie/Showgirl eggs on here for sale. I might have chicks for sale in a few weeks.

Thanks Pbirdhaven for the kind words about my mother's and mine silkies. We love them.

I can vouch for LAMom's and Heather's silkies--they have nice ones! I have several of theirs.

I'll be attending Gateway as well, and I hope that Heather and Sally will be there. I usually see them at the shows.

Had some real downers lately; critters got into one of my pens and killed 7 bantams. I set traps but haven't caught anything, though the bait keeps disappearing. Mice might be getting it. Then this week I found my porcelain silkie cockerel of the pair I bought at Crossroads lying in his coop. He had seemed fine the day before, but was dead that morning.
hit.gif
I think that I might have found a replacement but it was still a major disappointment.

We will be at the show. Haven't sent my entry in yet.

Got all my birds treated with ivermectin pour on, toenails abd beaks trimmed. No small feat with more then 200 birds. Even went through all The Bantam ameraucanas, and cut my flocks in half, so I'll have some of them for sale at the show. Even got my nastiest and biggest coop cleaned out today !! Yeah me !!!

Can someone please clue me in on the show? When, where? Thanks!
We will be at the show. Haven't sent my entry in yet.

Got all my birds treated with ivermectin pour on, toenails abd beaks trimmed. No small feat with more then 200 birds. Even went through all The Bantam ameraucanas, and cut my flocks in half, so I'll have some of them for sale at the show. Even got my nastiest and biggest coop cleaned out today !! Yeah me !!!

Good Morning....we're the parents of two daughters - one who is 'crazy' about her chickens!! She did well at her 4H county fair with her Rural King purchased Rhode Island rooster last year (he got a blue, they won junior showmanship, and she got the clean pen award for the Poultry barn), and with that experience, we are 'searching' for some better quality birds for her to show in 4H.

She is particularly interested in Blue Cochins.......since we have (2) RI roosters, (1) RI hen, and (2) Light Brahma hens, we are probably looking for something that is in the standard/giant class...no bantams.....and preferably pullets/hens.

We are tentatively planning on coming to Bloomington for the show on April 14th, so could meet up with someone there, or travel if need be (we are located near Lafayette, IN). Was not sure how many breeders would be there with potential birds for sale.

Please feel free to email information to: [email protected] or call/text (evenings preferably-husband works nights): 765-430-7761.

Thanks!

racoons are out in force already, doesn't help that our coop is next to our woods. Last year we lost 11 in 3 days. We now have a coop that nothing can get into. The coons ripped the chicken wire off the window and got in so now we have the wire used for rabbit cages. My husband spend 5 nights on watch with his 22 and eliminated 8 coons last summer. Have not had any problems since.

Last edited:
Good Morning....we're the parents of two daughters - one who is 'crazy' about her chickens!! She did well at her 4H county fair with her Rural King purchased Rhode Island rooster last year (he got a blue, they won junior showmanship, and she got the clean pen award for the Poultry barn), and with that experience, we are 'searching' for some better quality birds for her to show in 4H.

She is particularly interested in Blue Cochins.......since we have (2) RI roosters, (1) RI hen, and (2) Light Brahma hens, we are probably looking for something that is in the standard/giant class...no bantams.....and preferably pullets/hens.

We are tentatively planning on coming to Bloomington for the show on April 14th, so could meet up with someone there, or travel if need be (we are located near Lafayette, IN). Was not sure how many breeders would be there with potential birds for sale.

Please feel free to email information to: [email protected] or call/text (evenings preferably-husband works nights): 765-430-7761.

Thanks!

rural king in kokomo was getting in some standard bbs cochins. I don't know if they got them but you could call them to see.

Back
Top Bottom