HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

I have a young rooster who needs a home. He is a RIR, quite pretty, just starting to get his spurs. He is free to anyone who wants to come and pick him up. Please PM me if interested.

went to Dinky's near cannelburg last night had some real nice birds up for sell. but they where fetching some pretty good prices for them too. good thing for me I don't have a hen house set up yet otherwise I'd bee up to my ears in girls and out of cash.......

went to Dinky's near cannelburg last night had some real nice birds up for sell. but they where fetching some pretty good prices for them too. good thing for me I don't have a hen house set up yet otherwise I'd bee up to my ears in girls and out of cash.......

is this dinky's a sale barn, auction place? I have never heard of it but I don't know where many are at. Do they have these all the time if so could you fill me in on when and the times please. Thanks!

There web address is www.dinkysauctioncenter,com they have auctions Friday nights almost all year long (December and a few other weekends no Friday sale maybe 3-4 times a year) all sorts of stuff sold there. different rings for furniture, household, lawn/garden/lumbar yard items, large animals in one ring (horses,cows,pigs goats,sheep). Another ring for small animals (rabbits chickens peafowl ducks turkeys pigeons) small animal supplies like feeders note the animals may not be show quality and I suggest getting there before the sale starts to view the animals before hand because like any other private sellers (like Craig's list and eBay) you may not get a 100% healthy perfect animal. That being said I have never seen a dead or obviously sick animal. There is a LONG line to get a bid number and it costs $1 to get entered in their computer system and you will get a small credit card sized card that you bring back that speeds up check in time for your bid number. bring a pet carrier or if you have a chicken carrier (I saw some on the net can't remember where but several people buy lots of birds there and they have them they look like they are 4x4 or so made out of plastic) because sometimes the birds are in a cage and the owners want to keep the cage or want it sold separately sometimes they are in cardboard boxes with air holes or in homemade cages made out of old fencing or such.

thank you for the info, I went to the site and found it and I had seen it before but I really thought it was for horses and such. Thank you for filling me in or I would have never known they have poultry as well. that's not to far for me so maybe I will have to go this friday.

I thought I would share what I have for sale just incase someoone on here is interested. I have a Blue copper Marans rooster that I hatched out last spring out of a very dark egg. I am asking $10 I can't find any hens to go with him. I am also selling all of my bantam cochins. I have several nice Bantam Lemon blues, one blue, and several splashs. Pictures of all birds can be seen on our facebook page at www.facebook.com/heavelyspringsfarm I also know my mother has a list of birds for sale on there too.

Question: At Dinkys , If there is 10 birds in a cage, does the high bidder get to pick out the ones they want, and then they bid again for the rest or do you have to buy all 10.??? I've seen it both ways at auctions.

There web address is www.dinkysauctioncenter,com they have auctions Friday nights almost all year long (December and a few other weekends no Friday sale maybe 3-4 times a year) all sorts of stuff sold there. different rings for furniture, household, lawn/garden/lumbar yard items, large animals in one ring (horses,cows,pigs goats,sheep). Another ring for small animals (rabbits chickens peafowl ducks turkeys pigeons) small animal supplies like feeders note the animals may not be show quality and I suggest getting there before the sale starts to view the animals before hand because like any other private sellers (like Craig's list and eBay) you may not get a 100% healthy perfect animal. That being said I have never seen a dead or obviously sick animal. There is a LONG line to get a bid number and it costs $1 to get entered in their computer system and you will get a small credit card sized card that you bring back that speeds up check in time for your bid number. bring a pet carrier or if you have a chicken carrier (I saw some on the net can't remember where but several people buy lots of birds there and they have them they look like they are 4x4 or so made out of plastic) because sometimes the birds are in a cage and the owners want to keep the cage or want it sold separately sometimes they are in cardboard boxes with air holes or in homemade cages made out of old fencing or such.

I thought I would share what I have for sale just incase someoone on here is interested. I have a Blue copper Marans rooster that I hatched out last spring out of a very dark egg. I am asking $10 I can't find any hens to go with him. I am also selling all of my bantam cochins. I have several nice Bantam Lemon blues, one blue, and several splashs. Pictures of all birds can be seen on our facebook page at www.facebook.com/heavelyspringsfarm I also know my mother has a list of birds for sale on there too.

You and your mom both have beautiful birds. I wish your cochins were standard because that's what we have and I need a few more pullets. That's why I was asking about the auction. I have 6 bbs standard and 3 are roosters lol. I have no luck when I hatch eggs, I always end up with way to many roosters and never enough pullets. I sure hope if I got some pullets or hens from the auction I wouldn't have to take all of them. Never thought about that.

Back
Top Bottom