HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Little Ameraucana Mom , at Dinky's the small animals are sold by the cage or box full so if it's 3 rabbits or 5 chickens you are bidding on the entire box (cage full) plus they charge you per head so if it's as the earlier example you will bid lets say $3 you win it at that bid you will buy all 3 at $3 each, that being said I have seen once in the same seller brought in 2 boxes of Peking duck chicks 6 or 7 in one cardboard box and 9 or 10 in another they set both on the block (a spinning table they use to help show the animals while in cages (not much help really)) and let the bidding start and asked the winner chose 1 or both boxes then the next highest the bidder anyone else if they wanted it. usually there is an announcement if it is choice of box/pen or for both, I really think it depends on how business is going that night (probably you will see choice of box but I won't say never on multiple box bids, because I don't go there often enough to see a REAL slow night in the small animal ring area). what others have posted in this forum on the other stuff they sell there at dinky's the quality of some of the stuff sold has really gone down this time I went I think it's the economy, because there is more leftover yard sell type boxes of stuff I saw. not I replaced x with something new. animals though look about the same quality.

they are adorable. I have a few about the same age, no show girls but silkies. welcome to the chicken life!!

thanks. the silkies were born on feb 10th. the showgirls were born on jan 31st. these girls will all be spoiled. i am in the process of building their 8x8 run and their 4x4 coop. the only thing i am not looking forward to is finding out if any will be growing up as a roo. i am wanting to keep the piece with the neighbors so i will only be keeping the hens.

thanks. the silkies were born on feb 10th. the showgirls were born on jan 31st. these girls will all be spoiled. i am in the process of building their 8x8 run and their 4x4 coop. the only thing i am not looking forward to is finding out if any will be growing up as a roo. i am wanting to keep the piece with the neighbors so i will only be keeping the hens.

Take a short piece of solid copper wire (about 3 inches long) bend a loop in one end and tie a 4 inch string on it. Hold the wire, by the string, over the base of the bird's tail. Wait for the wire to start swinging... If it swings in a circle, you have a pullet. If it swings back and forth in a line you have a cockerel.

Sounds crazy, but it works. Hold the wire over the inside of the wrist of every family member and you will see it in action.

chick-n-farmer sounds like an old wives tell to me. it may not be but it sounds like it....

Yes, that's what I thought.... until I tried it.
th.gif

Hi guys!

It's spring and I've got the chick-buzz going. My incubators are whirring away, but there are a few things I am looking for:

I would like a 2-4 turkey poults. I prefer any heritage variety, trying to stay away from anything double-breasted.

I am looking for a couple goslings - Any domestic variety.

I am looking for true Ameraucana adults, chicks, or hatching eggs - any color ok, but not easter eggers. I have lots of easter eggers, already.

I may be looking for a nice big (FRIENDLY) rooster. Mixed breed is ok, but not bantam-sized.

Please message me with anything you may have! I live east of Indianapolis.

I have the following for sale/trade:

A pair of Sumatras - BQ male, SQ female - Will not separate.
5 Cubalayas - 2 roosters and 3 hens, I think. Prefer not to separate
Fertile hatching eggs - Phoenix, EE and mixed-breed laying stock
Duck Eggs - Welsh Harlequin/Campbell crossed - should make great layers
A Khaki Campbell Drake

Send me a message if you'd like to chat!

Back
Top Bottom