Hoover’s Mystic Onyx

Does anyone have problems with the males? I'm torn between getting some or not (was definately before I found out only males get color)
I got a mystic onyx earlier this spring, we got him from our local farm store. When we got him we thought he was a she (he was not straight run). He is just started getting colorful feathers, they are a bright gold color now. He was beautiful as a pure black bird! He is the sweetest of all the babies (we also got a road island, sapphire gem, and a gold laced Wyandot. They are all hens). His skin is super cool too. I would just get some! They are a beautiful breed, hen or rooster!

I got a mystic onyx earlier this spring, we got him from our local farm store. When we got him we thought he was a she (he was not straight run). He is just started getting colorful feathers, they are a bright gold color now. He was beautiful as a pure black bird! He is the sweetest of all the babies (we also got a road island, sapphire gem, and a gold laced Wyandot. They are all hens). His skin is super cool too. I would just get some! They are a beautiful breed, hen or rooster!
Can I see a picture? I have a male that I'm trying to figure out what he is. I thought the group was mystics cause 2 of the pullets have extra toes, but he looks nothing like the picture in the website

They are the sweetest most gentle birds I have ever come across!
Just yesterday I was amazed at how my rooster would allow me to pet him and check his feathers! I recommend spending time with them daily though to get to that point! I also have a hen but she is more on the shy and skittish side, but she is comfortable just walking around with me.

Just yesterday I was amazed at how my rooster would allow me to pet him and check his feathers! I recommend spending time with them daily though to get to that point! I also have a hen but she is more on the shy and skittish side, but she is comfortable just walking around with me.
Thats kinda how my Big Boy is. Can I see your male to see if he looks anything like mine? Still trying to figure if mine is a onyx or not

Thats kinda how my Big Boy is. Can I see your male to see if he looks anything like mine? Still trying to figure if mine is a onyx or not
Mine a sweetheart also. Loves to sit in your lap.

Attachments

• E34565E5-4BB7-4EC1-BAF9-9ABC23C9E4F7.png
    E34565E5-4BB7-4EC1-BAF9-9ABC23C9E4F7.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 52904C31-4AED-44EA-A39C-DC3829EB9623.png
    52904C31-4AED-44EA-A39C-DC3829EB9623.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 197CEC11-651E-459E-8ABD-FCED2CF06F6E.png
    197CEC11-651E-459E-8ABD-FCED2CF06F6E.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 49
Right. Mine looks so scary but is the biggest teddy bear

Attachments

• 1B274C93-7549-4A75-875B-F6D64D2924D3.png
    1B274C93-7549-4A75-875B-F6D64D2924D3.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 51
I didnt read all these remarks, so I apologize if this has been discussed, but at what age did your Mystic Onyx 's start laying?

Back
Top Bottom