Hoover's assortment breed ID?

mountainchickens

Songster
Apr 7, 2019
Colorado
Hi! We have 15 chicks from Hoover's. They are almost 3 days old. We have 5 chicks that are assorted; 3 from rare breed assortment and 2 from colored egg assortment (or maybe the other way around.) I'd love an ID on these guys. Thanks! (There are 2 pictures of the yellow one)
ss?.jpg tigerrrr.jpg ?chickie.jpg yellowchickie.jpg yellowchickiedoodle.jpg cmarans?.jpg

There are so many possibilities here, it's almost overwhelming. :lol: You may not know some of the breeds until they feather in. :)

#1. I'm thinking either Speckled Sussex or Olive Egger....though leaning towards the latter. SS are normally much darker red with a bib. Her little legs are pink for now (an SS trait), but color is subject to change at this age.
#2. Either Easter Egger, or Prairie Bluebell Egger?
#3. Again, could be Speckled Sussex or Olive Egger.
#4. Wheaten Marans, maybe? What comb type and leg color? Are the legs clean or feathered?
#5. Cuckoo Marans

Lovely babies! :love I can't wait to watch them mature.

Last edited:
There are so many possibilities here, it's almost overwhelming. :lol: You may not know some of the breeds until they feather in. :)

#1. I'm thinking either Speckled Sussex or Olive Egger....though leaning towards the latter. SS are normally much darker red with a bib. Her little legs are pink for now (an SS trait), but color is subject to change at this age.
#2. Either Easter Egger, or Prairie Bluebell Egger?
#3. Again, could be Speckled Sussex or Olive Egger.
#4. Wheaten Marans, maybe? What comb type and leg color? Are the legs clean or feathered?
#5. Cuckoo Marans

Lovely babies! :love I can't wait to watch them mature.
Thank you!! For #4, legs are pink and clean and I will ID her comb type today! :) I will update as they start to feather in! :D

#4 is starting to get some wing feathers! She's a very smart chick. That sounds ironic but it's true :lol: Any idea on breed? I'm beginning to have second thoughts about her being a Wheaten Marans, but :idunno
Bq-TsUCEDD55vthCCevc71A-a9tw62jgIJFfmTbtNC6KVO9_ycYo_K_QKW_vYcohGA3xPS7OqRfs_Q0TIle6iOE11JMBMa4BFozdVgAxdxPzDLq-U3SH5KICDsqCGFSdiU3MmrdcmfeTCbaqoUVu4nfMmST_pioeXGRAfDQ3g76zsn5rR8cxTMn-d53GOZy5EnsbPlNJpP1_7SAVovrTJpIbY1L26NTujvalZNCnWk3pzojZ1UF13GRpwsXE32fp6fbjXYSEq3wfjrqhJqfXBtaDhnwWNTukZhJxhvQ67hmWe6t7HQqN4526STC-cvFM18FXLqAniXOAAZnZURSgThmOm5WUHqIJJADge7uHFvGgX-OSM9I3MuPW6Au-Ey5uljC4M4q4pk6a9wPrfeMhXCARftdPU0DrubWYRCzHg9_cqi28ce4fLSJK_8HbQuMsrZDTMRU6SceEs9XW-jdXebxWm0mXblSsh4huv3U99JrZhdQfe5KpGrVZVjrSOwKkc-hpplr0OrePcV_eV5bxBNhdCZIAFu6r-fE-df1jL--IYnTeVdJf0nXmYOfxILvF5Cq1RsqzGJxa-uxP-NwpLUqxqE3GN81Y4zkgU9v0-KK1yfsZdUJMRQx-36Gpe6owndhTc4nhEVyX7Sf5y0W2UeS7YFyVzQ508sox6N4knaEQmtX0eHz6SAKCoGhCiAlFDbImJUQkny6vMsAdSISgJfyr2Q=w494-h658-no

Back
Top Bottom