Hoovers Hatchery?????

I think that Hoovers hatchery is my favorite. They are extremely easy to deal with! Our chicks have usually done well. One time we were losing extra meat birds. We complained. They refunded our money even thought it was past their 2 day guarantee. I highly recommend them to everyone. Their prices are amazing too!

no, not at all, the chicks were 10 weeks mold and they were diagnosed with coccidiosis and wiped out all 50 except for 1 and gold star pullet
hit.gif
smack.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
tongue.gif
sad.png

Raise 300 birds a year from them and have always gotten healthy birds. We normally get 4-6 shipments of either broilers or layers never had an issue with coccidia from them normally picked up from farm they are on. Would highly recommend

Quote:
That is odd. Did you contact them. Usually Coccidiosis is picked up on the farm they live on.

I would hope they were contacted, it would be irresponsible not to, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
I live in California and bought 25 chicks from them last week. They arrived the day after the ship out date. Out of the 27 that they sent only 1 died (two days later). They even color-marked the chicks and included a page explaining which chick is what color so you can identify the different breeds! Really great hatchery and will definitely purchase from them again!

We just ordered from them a few days ago.. just got shipped yesterday morning and sent out from USPS facility in Des Moines to whatever the next location is. I just hope the USPS workers who handle them are gentle but I know it's normal to lose some or all during this process. 15 was minimum, we did 16. Their site says they need to be delivered within 72 hours of hatching/shipping. Will keep y'all updated as time goes.

We just ordered from them a few days ago.. just got shipped yesterday morning and sent out from USPS facility in Des Moines to whatever the next location is. I just hope the USPS workers who handle them are gentle but I know it's normal to lose some or all during this process. 15 was minimum, we did 16. Their site says they need to be delivered within 72 hours of hatching/shipping. Will keep y'all updated as time goes.
Best of luck.

I just hope the USPS workers who handle them are gentle but I know it's normal to lose some or all during this process. 15 was minimum, we did 16.
I would say that losing one or a few is fairly normal, but losing most or all of the chicks is pretty rare.

Hatcheries usually give a refund for chicks that arrive dead. If they have to give very many refunds, they start to lose money. So they have found ways to pack chicks so most DO arrive alive.

By the way, you responded to a thread that's about 10 years old. I don't know why the really old threads keep popping up lately, but it seems to be happening a lot.

Back
Top Bottom