Hop along Winston šŸ˜¢

I hope one of the girls doesn't slip him in a file...
51DAE00F-71FE-4560-B34F-8039B5AAC7A1.jpeg

Seems to be doing fine... i think i ned to stick to runners, more resilient, my poor little winky, shes super timid, as such she tries to make a wide path around me, sheā€™s forever running full tilt, looking at me and falling face first over the feed bowl, falling off the ramp or yesterday, i had just shoveled out the coop and left it in a pile next to the ramp figuring I would come back with the tractor and clean it up. She ran from the house, off the side of the ramp disappeared into pile of shavings up to her neck and started ā€œswimming ā€œ frantically like a little kid in a ball pit over the top. Hit the ground running and ran into the plastic manure fork leaning on the fence... she jumped up and ran off just fine, laid an egg the next morning.
thanks for checking!

Glad to hear he is doing OK.

I've already lost most of my Pekins, most to reproductive disorders or leg problems, and as of now, I just have one. They develop leg problems so easily, she'll probably be the last one, I get on intention. Try to feed them a good diet, ensure they get to play in water often, and occasionally up their B vitamins, is the most you can do really.

Glad to hear he is doing OK.

I've already lost most of my Pekins, most to reproductive disorders or leg problems, and as of now, I just have one. They develop leg problems so easily, she'll probably be the last one, I get on intention. Try to feed them a good diet, ensure they get to play in water often, and occasionally up their B vitamins, is the most you can do really.
Is it possible they are overbred? Seems like everyone and their brother started with Pekins

Is it possible they are overbred? Seems like everyone and their brother started with Pekins

They are definitely overbred. I think the main problem is their weight, and the rate at which their bodies grow, the cartilage, and ligaments in their legs are soft and week, and are easily damaged, injured over time. They are meat birds, meant to be butchered once full size, so tend to decline their afterwards and develop leg problems like sprains, strains, osteoarthritis, osteomyelitis, Podermatsisis, nutritional related issues, degenerative joint disease, etc.

Back
Top Bottom