Hoping! My little girl's flock! Pullet or Roos??

mamajones

Hatching
Mar 30, 2017
Cornhusker State
Hi! My 10 year old daughter has always wanted her own chickens, my husband purchased 8 and she has been amazing at caring for them, with a little help :) he was told one (larger chick) was a white Leghorn, 3 were Silver Leghorns and 4 were assorted Bantams. We are not for sure on age and/or gender. Her Roos will be re-homed and she's terrified of this, which is giving this mommy anxiety! Can you help? I don't know what to think! Also, when do you think they could move outside...they're getting really wild!!! Thank you so much!! :)
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I think they are still a little young, but I am not as experienced as others here so someone else might come along and be able to help you better. I do think chick 2&4 are roos, your first pic. Is hard to tell. Good luck!

I have no experience! My husband said the guy at the hatchery guaranteed them to be pullets (said daughters school chicken she incubated ended up an aggressive Roo) she went crazy for a week when he was rehomed. Just hoping not too many are Roos. Thank you for your help. #2 is the White Leghorn and its co siderably bigger than the bantams, I almost lost one of the Bantams so there is one that is considerably smaller. I questioned the same Bantam as you (#4) THANKS AGAIN:)

I have no experience! My husband said the guy at the hatchery guaranteed them to be pullets (said daughters school chicken she incubated ended up an aggressive Roo) she went crazy for a week when he was rehomed. Just hoping not too many are Roos. Thank you for your help. #2 is the White Leghorn and its co siderably bigger than the bantams, I almost lost one of the Bantams so there is one that is considerably smaller. I questioned the same Bantam as you (#4) THANKS AGAIN:)

I have 5 bantams that I am having trouble pointing out the roos, they are about 5 weeks old and every day I change my mind on who is a too and who is a hen LOL most hatcherys will not sex bantams because they are too small and they can be injured.
Hopefully they all turn out to be early blooming hens. Its hard to say because I can't see any waddles. Post another picture in a week or two and it should be really obvious by then! Good luck!

I am unsure of their age, we have had them 4 weeks and they were well developed when we got them but just little babies. The White and Silver Leghorns were quite a bit bigger even then!

Back
Top Bottom