1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Horatio - pics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by English Chick, Jul 14, 2008.

1. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Thought you might like to see a couple of close up of Horatio the Peacock.....I love him sooooo much

[​IMG]

He is looking at me looking at him through a window....

[​IMG]

2. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Linda He's beautiful!!! How ever did you get a pet peacock?

3. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Thanks Sharon, he is the apple of my eye and only tame with me, I was given him 3 years ago by a woman who got tired of him!!! can you believe that! and he has been my good friend ever since, he comes to the kitchen window calls me to give him bread! then sits on the patio looking through the french doors.....in the winter he has a stable to roost in but in the summer he sleeps on the roof of the house on the chimney stack....... his best friends are the guinea fowl and one large female duck called Ebony.....

4. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:And doesn't he just know it... walking round strutting his regal tail fefathers!

5. draftiemama

draftiemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Florida
    He is a handsome guy and I love his name! I never named my peacocks because I can't tell them apart, there is no distinguishing marks or difference between the two.

Kudos to you for gentling him because they are not easy to tame. My peacocks will take bread from my hands but I still wouldn't call them tame., it's not like I can walk up to them and pat them. And forget the peahen Charmain, she flew in my yard last year and still doesn't trust me, even though I feed her.[​IMG]

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'd say he needs a hen!

He is pretty.

7. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Wow! He is gorgeous! Any chance of seeing a picture of him, tail feathers and all?

Susan

8. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Will endeavour to post a pic when he next decides to display his tail, which is fab, the most beautiful shade of green......

9. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:He did have a mate called Hebe but she died by getting trapped in the slurry pit of next doors farm, we could not get her out, I was heartbroken, but since then he does not wander which is safer for him. Have thought often about getting another peahen but he has been without a mate for over two years now and does not appear to bother him.

10. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    LOL I can actually "hear" your British accent in your writing. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by