Horatio - pics

English Chick

English Mum
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Cheshire UK
Thought you might like to see a couple of close up of Horatio the Peacock.....I love him sooooo much

PICT0557.jpg

He is looking at me looking at him through a window....

PICT0559.jpg

Thanks Sharon, he is the apple of my eye and only tame with me, I was given him 3 years ago by a woman who got tired of him!!! can you believe that! and he has been my good friend ever since, he comes to the kitchen window calls me to give him bread! then sits on the patio looking through the french doors.....in the winter he has a stable to roost in but in the summer he sleeps on the roof of the house on the chimney stack....... his best friends are the guinea fowl and one large female duck called Ebony.....

He is a handsome guy and I love his name! I never named my peacocks because I can't tell them apart, there is no distinguishing marks or difference between the two.

Kudos to you for gentling him because they are not easy to tame. My peacocks will take bread from my hands but I still wouldn't call them tame., it's not like I can walk up to them and pat them. And forget the peahen Charmain, she flew in my yard last year and still doesn't trust me, even though I feed her.
tongue.png

Quote:
He did have a mate called Hebe but she died by getting trapped in the slurry pit of next doors farm, we could not get her out, I was heartbroken, but since then he does not wander which is safer for him. Have thought often about getting another peahen but he has been without a mate for over two years now and does not appear to bother him.

Back
Top Bottom