Horizontal Nipple Waterers... in your opinion, yes or no?

Yes or no?

• Total voters
Pics
I use nipple waterer for chicks straight from the hatchery with no problem. When I get them out of the shipping crate first thing I do one at at time is get their beaks to poke the nipple. Never had an issue. (of course I there is occasionally one or two lost birds the first week but doubt that was lack of water just normal attrition after the shipping journey.)
Horizontal or Vertical Nipples @UncleDako ?

l’ll definitely think about it! I think it’s a great idea, I’ve recently not only seen rats, but also squirrels eating from their current feeder, and hanging their regular feeder didn’t fix the problem. I’ll see if I can convince my sister (who shares the flock) that it’s a good idea.
Good luck!!! Enjoy your flick 😁

P.S. Don't try to hang a horizontal nipple waterer. It works better if it can't swing when they trigger the nipples.

P.P.S. Make sure to put a small air hole in the waterer just under the rim to break the vaccuum or the water won't flow out when the nipple is pressed.

View attachment 2727186
So you would not recommend hanging HN waterers… what about the HNWs with cups? How do those compare in general with the plain HNs? I heard that the systems are slightly different and not to mix them ..

Hi there- off topic, but you mentioned rats- have you tried a Grandpa’s feeder? It took my girls a little while to figure it out but now that they have, their food is in a rodent-proof bin. I highly recommend these feeders. I can put a whole bag of feed into it, and it keeps the feed dry and I’m no longer feeding mice and chippies!

https://www.grandpasfeeders.com/pro...MI85Cp3dq98QIVcG1vBB09bA9fEAAYASAAEgLtFvD_BwE
I am curious about these. Why can’t other animals figure out how this feeder works? Also, do you keep it strictly outside? What do you do in the winter?

Back
Top Bottom