Horrible prolapse

LosOsosChick

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 17, 2013
Los Osos
Hi friends. My beloved 8-month old whit Silkie, Pearl, has suffered a really bad prolapse. After bathing her carefully and trying to correct the prolapse manually with preparation H to no avail, I have one last hope in our local vet tomorrow morning. Please hold good thoughts for her, because this little hen is very special, and a cherished gem in our little backyard flock. Thank you friends!

Hi friends. My beloved 8-month old whit Silkie, Pearl, has suffered a really bad prolapse. After bathing her carefully and trying to correct the prolapse manually with preparation H to no avail, I have one last hope in our local vet tomorrow morning. Please hold good thoughts for her, because this little hen is very special, and a cherished gem in our little backyard flock. Thank you friends!
Pearl will be in my prayers! Best of luck to you and Pearl
big_smile.png

Great news! The vet was able to see Pearl today and found she was egg-bound. She removed the egg and cleaned her up, corrected the prolapse and put in two staples to hold things in place while she heals. She gave me an anti-inflammatory and antibiotics to give her, and wants to see her back next week to remove the staples. I am incredibly relieved that she was able to help Pearl,
and I'm hopeful that this will be a one-time, fluke occurance caused by her body trying to figure out how to lay eggs. But I will certainly keep a very close eye on her from here on out! Thank you for your good thoughts and encouragement, I am so relieved that she's going to be ok!!

Great news! The vet was able to see Pearl today and found she was egg-bound. She removed the egg and cleaned her up, corrected the prolapse and put in two staples to hold things in place while she heals. She gave me an anti-inflammatory and antibiotics to give her, and wants to see her back next week to remove the staples. I am incredibly relieved that she was able to help Pearl,
and I'm hopeful that this will be a one-time, fluke occurance caused by her body trying to figure out how to lay eggs. But I will certainly keep a very close eye on her from here on out! Thank you for your good thoughts and encouragement, I am so relieved that she's going to be ok!!
I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR SUCH GOOD NEWS!!!!GIVE PEARL HUGS AND KISSES FOR ME!!!

Just wanted to post a quick update, Pearl is still doing great and has had no further problems so far! I now think that it was her very first egg that she couldn't pass, and I'm hopeful that she'll be ok from here on out. Here's a pic of my sweet girl!

Back
Top Bottom