Horrible swollen thing coming out of my hen's mouth!

Here is my poor girl

Attachments

• 5CD60DA0-15D0-4400-80BF-3D2E53311C0C.jpeg
    5CD60DA0-15D0-4400-80BF-3D2E53311C0C.jpeg
    601.4 KB · Views: 26
Has anyone with this suspected swollen/prolapsed trachea had their chicken survive or does it keep recurring ? Currently have a chicken presenting like this. She started yesterday with a few sneezes then escalated very quickly
Here is my poor girl
Poor thing. There is actually no cure for this I believe, so nothing you can do. Would be best to euthanize. 😕
I'd create a new thread in the ER forum HERE though, you'll get more replies there.

I really think it’s a respiratory infection that got really inflamed and caused this mass to pop out. My chicken has no beak. He lost it when he was about 3 weeks old from a skunk attack. The person that owned him gave him to me a few days ago (he’s now 10 weeks old). The vet checked him out today and gave me meds to hopefully help the infection and swelling and pain. The vet says because he’s still acting like he has a will to live then we are going to give it a shot. It looks “worse” because he has no beak…
What happened to this bird?
Did you get testing done to confirm mycoplasma?

Poor thing. There is actually no cure for this I believe, so nothing you can do. Would be best to euthanize. 😕
I'd create a new thread in the ER forum HERE though, you'll get more replies there.
It has since gone back in her beak but we have seen it back out when she sneezes. There’s no chance of swelling going down/things going back to normal?

It has since gone back in her beak but we have seen it back out when she sneezes. There’s no chance of swelling going down/things going back to normal?
Hmm, not sure. I'd go ahead and create a new thread, you'll get more more help there as this thread is very old.

Has anyone with this suspected swollen/prolapsed trachea had their chicken survive or does it keep recurring ? Currently have a chicken presenting like this. She started yesterday with a few sneezes then escalated very quickly

Here is my poor girl

This appeared after a few hours of her sneezing. She is less than 1 yr old

It has gone back in place?

Is there still swelling?

She may have aspirated some food/water. I'd just monitor her and see how it goes.
I'm not sure what you can do to help her.

Back
Top Bottom