Horrible treatment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squiqwe

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
Cortland,Ohio
I saw a documentary about commercial egg production. The girls were treated horribly
hit.gif
After I cried I vowed to never eat another store bought egg
rant.gif
It was so sad 7 girls to a pen. Not enough room for them to spread their wings no less turn around
idunno.gif
I'm only getting 1 or 2 eggs from my girls right now but still I won't buy store bought eggs. Are there any groups acting against this autrocity
idunno.gif

Quote:
where did you see this? I want to get it to show it to everyone i know...nothing pisses me off more is horrible treatment of chickens.

Quote:
where did you see this? I want to get it to show it to everyone i know...nothing pisses me off more is horrible treatment of chickens.

Ooooo I will find you these 2 videos about this Hoarder that has chickens,ducks,geese,pigeons,doves crammed into these very small cages then she has chicks in her house and etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:

Ooooo I will find you these 2 videos about this Hoarder that has chickens,ducks,geese,pigeons,doves crammed into these very small cages then she has chicks in her house and etc

it didnt work,
sad.png

Lots of info on this website.

My daughter just returned from a 2 month internship at the sanctuary and I must say, the knowledge she gained there has really opened my smug Canadian eyes. I have always thought that our standards were first class but sadly, they are far from it.

I don't know much about that farmsanctuary place though have heard lots of good things about it. From what I have been told, though, it is basically run by vegans who don't believe in consuming eggs or chicken or ANY animal products at all and they urge anyone who visits their sanctuary to do the same. Did your daughter find that to be true? I have not personally known anyone who has visited there, but Bob Harper from the Biggest Loser is a huge advocate of theirs and talks about them on his Facebook page from time to time.

One of the things I have heard about farmsanctuary, though, is that they rescue even backyard chickens to keep them from being consumed as food or being "enslaved" as egglayers for humans. They are allowed to roam free and their eggs are all either allowed to hatch or destroyed if infertile (which I think would tick off a lotta hungry people in this country). Like I said, though, since I have not personally visited this place, I do not know these things to be true facts, just things I have heard from others. Perhaps someone who has visited this place can shed some more light on the subject for us?? That would be awesome!

Quote:
Nope, Canada isn't any different from the US. Some horrible stuff happens

Wow... I'm speechless.I've seen many instances of animal hoarding.Usually puppy mills.I've seen a couple of places with animals stuck all over the place and one real close to me that has hundreds of birds.Chickens,ducks,pigeons,pheasants,turkeys,rabbits..etc...In ground cages,cages in the garage,sick birds dying...Also dogs in cages,chained in high grasses,hogs in dog boxes.Just overall disgusting.He is a true hoarder also.He will sell a dog or two once in a while,but he just keeps collecting animals.He's not a poor person.He does keep the animals fed very well and buys good feed.He could actually afford to have nice places made for these animals.He has even gotten some nice show quality birds that are now just stuck in ground pens. I've gotten very upset with him at times.He's made comments when he'd gone and bought something SQ or real nice that I didn't have anything as good as that.Or I don't have anything like that. I guess he doesn't understand that I'm in no competition with anyone.My birds are all nice and healthy and happy.I've had the state come out and test everyone and have my NPIP so that I know I'm doing everything I need for my birds.This will be my first year showing and I'm very excited.I'm just sad to see these people that really don't care enough for their animals to want the best for them.It takes more than just dumping feed and water to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom