Horror movie Fanatic.... Never fear the remote to shut it off is here

Quote:
Yes. Do that. I promise, it beats the heck out of "horror" films. It kinda gets to me with the lights ON.

I've laughed my way through most horror movies because of how ridiculous they actually are...and I'm a horror JUNKIE!

The saw movie, I like also because, it taught people that they shouldn't look down on life and also jigsaw is smart he doesn't kill the victims technically, the kill themselves, but they always scream, I will change my life, and plea, but yet they would died anyway. But yeah the saw series are a good series!

Its hard to find a good series in the horror section. This being said I loved and grew up watching Friday the 13th, Jason and Hellraiser. I started watching them when I was 8 with my dad. Now I have little ones at home and don't get the chance to watch any sort of movie over a "R" rating.

I found Hellraiser more interesting than scary. I don't think I've actually sat down and watched all of any of Friday the 13th besides 3 and 4.

What I have found to be a pretty good watch was Halloween 1 and 2. 3 was just stupidest thing I've seen which turned me off to the rest of the series.

the halloween series is awsome, as far as sequels go, yes 3 had nothing to do with the Myers plot, Rob zombies remake is quite good. i love stephen kings It, but the last movie to make me jump was the Strangers, old horror style, not trying to scare you with buckets of gore, but the old school scarring.

Pans Labarith is an awesome, but messed up movie, I find the Japanese movies have an interesting cultural element to them, the ring was good beacause it actually had a story line. you could not belive what stupid "horror" movies are showing up in the video store, like the terror of Loch Ness and movies that just sound stupid! It is kinda sad.

Last edited:
Quote:
Rob Zombie has one of those wonderfully twisted minds, that if the Hollyweird types ever let him loose to run with his ideas, we would all be sleeping with our lights on. I got to see him in concert back in February, and he puts on a truly awesome show! I liked his version of Halloween, and his choice for the Doc was perfection!(I had always pictured McDowell as Loomis) and I hope to see him making more of his own stuff down the road, with a little more creative control, and perhaps even starring in his own stuff, because let me tell ya, he made this ole soccer moms heart beat a lil bit faster!
bun.gif

Quote:
Rob Zombie has one of those wonderfully twisted minds, that if the Hollyweird types ever let him loose to run with his ideas, we would all be sleeping with our lights on. I got to see him in concert back in February, and he puts on a truly awesome show! I liked his version of Halloween, and his choice for the Doc was perfection!(I had always pictured McDowell as Loomis) and I hope to see him making more of his own stuff down the road, with a little more creative control, and perhaps even starring in his own stuff, because let me tell ya, he made this ole soccer moms heart beat a lil bit faster!
bun.gif

Rob Zombies: House of a Thousand Corpses, Was really good, I was to scared by it, but did have a lot of jumpy moments!

I preferred the Devils Rejects out of the two he made previous to Halloween, it was such utter depravity, that it was unlike anything I had seen previous. Some of the effects for the horror genre have really gotten to be outstanding, and Final Destination is one of those this is a shining example. When the tree comes through the windshield, I always jump and gasp, it is that real, and for a movie to make me react like that, it has to really be well done. I do have to say though, no one can touch the visual perfection of the movies that Del Toro makes, I cannot wait to see ,"The Fall", and "Devils Backbone" is really great as well, and Pans Labyrinth is a classic. The pale man with the eyes in his hands still gives me the shivers.

Yeah the effects is what I look for in a movie, I mean if some one gets stabbed or gets cut in half, I don't want to see a retractable knife, And the final destination movies was a really thought out movie, it would take me a while to really piece together everything that would happen in a movie if I made one like that, whoever wrote it really thought out at what should happen when and where it should be put, so even he/she won't read it, I applause you in creating that!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif