Horror movie Fanatic.... Never fear the remote to shut it off is here

I started off my college career as a Fine Arts major, and I had planned to try and get into Special Effects, but I am just too stupid when it comes to math, and my Auto-Cad skills were never up to par. My son, however, has great Cad skills, and he likes to pick my twisted mind, so perhaps, someday....one of my monsters may grace the big screen!

Quote:
Yes. Do that. I promise, it beats the heck out of "horror" films. It kinda gets to me with the lights ON.

I've laughed my way through most horror movies because of how ridiculous they actually are...and I'm a horror JUNKIE!

Yeah, I can't watch that at this house! I only watch it when staying at a hotel!
smile.png
I love it though! I desperately want to try the tape recording method they do... and play it back. DH has his DJ computer program that could pick up any sounds that would play, and we could manipulate them like they do, to hear it better.. but I am waaaaaaay too skeered to do that!

Quote:
Yes. Do that. I promise, it beats the heck out of "horror" films. It kinda gets to me with the lights ON.

I've laughed my way through most horror movies because of how ridiculous they actually are...and I'm a horror JUNKIE!

Yeah, I can't watch that at this house! I only watch it when staying at a hotel!
smile.png
I love it though! I desperately want to try the tape recording method they do... and play it back. DH has his DJ computer program that could pick up any sounds that would play, and we could manipulate them like they do, to hear it better.. but I am waaaaaaay too skeered to do that!

Yeah the Digital Voice Recorder I have always wanted to try that and White Noise Machine

lau.gif
I LOVE scary movies too! I don't get too many opportunities, DH doesn't share my taste for gore & my son is too young...5.
I will share an embarassing moment I had last week....
DH was working, DS was to bed early for once so I found a horror flick I hadn't seen... Dead Mary (with Dominique Swain) For those who haven't seen it, it's based on the game aka Bloody Mary, kids go into the bathroom alone with a candle, close their eyes and repeat Dead Mary 3 times and she appears. The last to repeat the chant had his candle blown out ,he turns on the lights and the bathroom window was open and then he notices a few drops of blood on the sink. The movie was pretty good, I wasn't freaking out or anything. So I finish watching it, go around and turn out lights and go to the back door to lock up and the porch light is on, it has a motion detector on it, the dog or rabbits set it off. But since the light is on I notice what looks to be drops of blood dripping down the middle window pane. I was a bit freaked out, not in panic mode but I double checked the house and it took a while to fall asleep. In the morning I checked the window and I don't know what for bird was up late eating berries but it was bird poo, purple from the neighbors' mulberry tree that I saw.
lau.gif

I prefer old movies, just not horror movies. There have only been a few that I actually liked, but most were pretty dumb. The effects are what gets to me, a movie can be completely retarded but if there's one good effect that comes from nowhere it'll scare me. Like on The Ring, when all the sudden you see the girl sitting there dead in the closet. That was the dumbest movie I've ever seen, but props to the director for that shot. I don't remember how Jeepers Creepers ended, someone has to refresh me on that one. PumpkinHead was the first horror I ever saw as a 6 yr old sneaking over to the neighbors, and it scared the cr*p out of me!!! I gotta agree with some of the first posts on this thread, the only reason ppl make money on horror movies these days is because of the nudity. Any movie that's rated for nudity or sex or whatever is one I won't go see.

Back
Top Bottom