Horse Baby-Vs-Now Pictures Thread

Pics
That is really cool you reduce horses. I love that! I am sorry about everything else. That must really suck. I can't imagine having to get rid of my horse because of money. I am sorry. :hugs
Here was the grulla dun when we first rescued him as a 2 year old and now he’s 6 years old

Attachments

• 722D6A08-7097-44F2-A8F5-99B27A9249DF.jpeg
    722D6A08-7097-44F2-A8F5-99B27A9249DF.jpeg
    608.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 3A0A98D5-29B0-4D3C-A8EA-F416F23E97EF.jpeg
    3A0A98D5-29B0-4D3C-A8EA-F416F23E97EF.jpeg
    618.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 236E7199-B3DD-4E3D-B7EA-9E471706E4FB.jpeg
    236E7199-B3DD-4E3D-B7EA-9E471706E4FB.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 6
He looks so happy! He seems like a good natured horse. Looking very good for 26, too!
Thank you - LOL, he has definite opinions about things, and expresses them fully! If he doesn't like something (such as the medication he has to take for Cushing's these days, for example) he will lay back his ears to let me know his displeasure, but he's never really mean, he's just communicating his opinion. He's super intelligent, like a "Border Collie" type of horse. He was harder to start than other horses I've started (including his full brother, who was super easy) but once he understood he had a job to do that made sense and seemed fun and challenging to him, he was enthusiastic about jumping, eventing, and even going on wilderness camping trips and being on a high line at night. Not much of a star at dressage, but we tried, though we could and should have worked harder and done better. Definitely my fault, not his.

He's good-natured as long as things go his way! Which they usually do, since he currently lives at a barn that caters to his needs.
He's still rideable, retired from competition but still really fun to ride in the arena, even over small jumps. Most of all, he's my best friend who's been an important part of most of my adult life.

Constance is lovely! Is she an Arab?
The hives are nettle-rash, and regardless of if it's actually caused by nettles, is a common allergic reaction. Seasonally, she's eating something that she's a touch allergic to . The vet can prescribe antihistamines, but you should look around and see if there's a plant she's eating then or if her hay is coming from a different field.

The lines have been bred for different things for long enough for some people to be utter snobs about it, (which doesn't actually take that long!) and consider a cross between them a "mutt".
And while I'd love to buy a male, I already have 3 dogs and 2 kids in an absurdly tiny caretaker's apartment, and if I both got a male and kept a puppy, I think that might be enough square footage in dogs to literally carpet the apartment when they all lay down, lol. But what really stops me is that a good quality male from health tested parents starts at $1,500

Of course!
Waaay back, long before the movies were a thing, my Dad started a family tradition of always having a pet named from Lord of The Rings. I think he's be proud of this one, because, the way that gray horse's color works, one day Gandalf the Gray will become Gandalf the White :D
If I ever get a horse I will name him LEGOLAS.
Which of course is my favorite actor from lord of the rings!!!

Back
Top Bottom