Horse Chat Thread!

Hi Spicey! Pony Club is a great institution, I love their books. I was a member back when I was a kid, but the leaders weren't the best and it got very political so I backed out...but the concept is wonderful. Congratulations on making it to level C!

My early riding days were mostly focused on Jumping and Eventing. I didn't think I'd enjoy Dressage until I had to do a test for a Pony Club rally and have been hooked on the discipline ever since.

I currently own two Thoroughbred mares, and co-own a few Andalusians with my mother. Throw in the old Arab and it makes a total of seven horses. My dream horse however is a Friesian and I hope someday to purchase a foal (thinking a colt) and compete it in Dressage and driving.

Harness work is NOT my strong point but their is a local driving club that I could join to help. I was fortunate to work on a farm that had quite a few Friesians so I was able to experience different bloodlines and just the breed in general.

Anyway, fun thread!

Nice! You got a good set of horses!

Hi, I'm hoping someone could give me some advice? Unfortunately I'm having to move out of state. I have a very special horse that I need to find a loving home in the State Of Washington. My Thoroughbred gelding is 12 years old and as been a very special pet. He is gentle and loves attention, easy keeper and is current on worming and vaccinations, he has a the best care! , unfortunately the place we are moving to is not set up for having horses.(no fencing or barn) My wish, dream would be to find him a forever home for some one that loves him as much as I do. I'm rather picky where he my go since most of his life has been on 10 acres (with a barn/stall) he needs a owner that has some horse experience or even can be used as a pasture mate for another horse. If you know of some one, please get back with me. I'm having to move by the end of January. I'm not asking for money for my horse, just a loving caring home!
Thank you! I can send you photos of my special boy, oh! he is a big horse 16' 2"
I'm hoping for a forever home for this beautiful thoroughbred gelding. It breaks my heart to give him to his forever home, It will take the right person to love and care for this horse. Money is not the is not the objective is not what we are looking for. We want to make sure at most caring and loving home is more important! if this horse is taking care and loved! if this is a venture you are willing to take on please contact us! We are loving animal lovers and we want best for our horse, he means everything to us and we want what is best for our special friend and we want to make sure the home he is given is the best home possible!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm hoping someone could give me some advice? Unfortunately I'm having to move out of state. I have a very special horse that I need to find a loving home in the State Of Washington. My Thoroughbred gelding is 12 years old and as been a very special pet. He is gentle and loves attention, easy keeper and is current on worming and vaccinations, he has a the best care! , unfortunately the place we are moving to is not set up for having horses.(no fencing or barn) My wish, dream would be to find him a forever home for some one that loves him as much as I do. I'm rather picky where he my go since most of his life has been on 10 acres (with a barn/stall) he needs a owner that has some horse experience or even can be used as a pasture mate for another horse. If you know of some one, please get back with me. I'm having to move by the end of January. I'm not asking for money for my horse, just a loving caring home!
Thank you! I can send you photos of my special boy, oh! he is a big horse 16' 2"

You can also get on Chronicle of the Horse Forums, there is a section there called "Giveaways" and that may be able to help you. A lot of posters on there are experienced horse owners with lots of connections...good luck!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Soooooo...
Today I rode a horse named Pearl, and we also practiced showmanship!
She loved being ridden, and I schooled her over a few small jumps. She's a half Arabian half quarter horse mate!

Thank you! We look forward to finding this special horse a forever home in the State Of Washington! If your interested in having this special horse, please contact us, why you should be the proud owner and how Share your knowledge you can make him a a special part of your life! from taking care of him, feed and grain hay and most of all lots of love!
Please contact L. Clark, Monroe Washington 15426 245th Ave SE Monroe Washington 98272 Much Thank you!

I love this thread :love
I had always wanted a horse. So when I turned 30 (yes I’m THAT old) I bought one ... on the hoof. That means he was headed for slaughter so his cost was by the pound. My friend saw him and called me (she’s a vet and a ranch girl) and talked me into him. He was on a ranch in Idaho and had torn a muscle in his shoulder and could no longer hold cattle when ropped. We transported him to Nevada and the day they backed him out of the trailer all I could say was GeeWiz! 16 hands of a gorgeous deep dark bay thoroughbred quarter horse X stunning!! Gate trained smart gentle. I rode him bareback (didn’t even have my saddle yet) he was such an incredible animal. So... I kinda crashed this thread...sorry. Mr G (that’s what i called him) would let me put my Catalina McCaw on the saddle and we ride for hours. One of the best times in my life. I’ve always loved horses so of course I had to come peek. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom