Horse club

Pics
Was going to go for a ride... but we are on lock down :hmm Riding is essential right?
20200325_184908.jpg

Got my ride in. Figured it went under exercise, right? That is allowed under essentials. Was having a great time in the arena for about 45 minutes when another gal came in. No problem with safe spacing BUT OH LORDY... I could not take her mouth and negativity, so I left her too it. So bummed my party got pooped on. Always, hopefully, another day by grace maybe this eve... :D :lol:

I haven't posted on here in forever! How is everyone and their horses?

I'm glad you got your ride in, @TropicalBabies :) I'm sorry about that girl, though. Riding is supposed to be fun! Even if things go not as planned. lol. :lol: I'm lucky that were I'm at, my barn hasn't closed so we can still go for lessons. Amarillo, the mare I've been riding, has been so good lately.

I'm also excited because my trainer is looking into getting 2 new lesson horses...although last I heard, they were both sick and she had to wait. :( Hopefully they'll recover fine...my trainer lost several horse last year and I'd hate for her future horses to die, too. I didn't ask what they were sick with so I don't know.

Hi @Skye'sDucks !
Glad the barn is still open. There are only so many books, TV and chores a body can do before they need a break (not in that order of course ;) ). Most exciting about new horses. Good call on her part to let them be sick away from her horses. Would be awful to have something spread through her barn. Can get time consuming and expensive to say the least.
Our trainer had Strangles go through her place, we don't get a lot of that here because we are pretty isolated. She had brought a pregnant mare in from the mainland and the best guess is she came with it. Her baby was fine but my friend lost the mare and had big vet bills and lots of hands on. She must have had 8 horses at the time including one of ours. Heart breaking. guess it could have been worse.
Hey, stay well. Good to hear from you again. :frow

I'm so sad, I can't go to the barn at all. Because I don't lease a horse anymore, there's "no reason" to be there. I haven't been leasing in a while, but they just WAAAY jumped the lease price. I was paying $150 a month for leasing- lessons 1/2 off, can come to the barn any day, but now it's $500 a month for that and a bit more, but like what!

Holy cow that is a lot. I'm so sorry, but don't give up and keep an open mind.
Maybe you can find a private owner who needs some help with exercising their horse(s). We know a gal who just pays the feed costs and has use of the semi retired barrel horse. It seems to work out great for all involved. The owner gets to move on to her younger better performing horse w/o guilt and other gal pretty much has a horse of her own w/o the strings and worry.
Keep us posted!

I had to do some chicken work today. I have some chicks and pullets that I needed to do some coop adjusting for. So, I asked DH if would do me a favor and give Hombre some exercise after Cisco.
11301~2.jpeg
11312 (2).jpeg

Dressed in Cisco's garb he got an A+ with daddy. Liked him better than his own horse. lol

Back
Top Bottom