Horse club

Pics
I have wanted a horse for years. I have been riding horses since I was really small and have never went a year without riding a horse more than once. I finally got a horse!! She’s a 6 year old OTTB she is so pretty and I love her! Her registered name is Cat but we call her Cherokee.
127F3D24-9197-4904-8B82-9E5C63347C01.jpeg

WOW!!!! Such a treat to open up this thread to those beautiful faces!!!! :love Oh, I am just in love!!!! Big congratulations and mahalos @CJLR & @JadeFarms. Those photos certainly do a heart good. You can never have too many pictures of beautiful horses as far as I am concerned- hint hint ;). @JadeFarms I sure hope you get plenty of rides in the days to come. She is a beautiful young thing. Will you be getting her some company soon? lol

I have wanted a horse for years. I have been riding horses since I was really small and have never went a year without riding a horse more than once. I finally got a horse!! She’s a 6 year old OTTB she is so pretty and I love her! Her registered name is Cat but we call her Cherokee.
View attachment 2283679
Hey welcome to horse club! She’s stunning

Hi! I don’t keep horses since I can’t ride them anymore but I do have a mini donkey. His name in DonQ, and he is the sweetest thing. Here are some pictures. I have an important question regarding him which I am wondering if this is the right place for the question. I will ask anyway and just let me if it’s ok.

Along with DonQ I also have Nigerian dwarf goats. Four, They all get along well but when it’s time to eat I am having problems. Because DonQ wants to eat the goats feed and the goats prefer to eat DonQ’s food.

My concern is that the goats food is not only medicated but also has copper. As I understand copper is not good for donkeys!

I know I could try to feed them separate, but the barn is not finished and I don’t have the different stables for them to eat at. That’s in the future.

If it’s true that the goats feed is not good for DonQ, because of the copper, is there an universal feed that I can buy that will work for all farm animals housed in the same area?

I am already trying very hard to stop them from eating each other’s food, but they are giving me the “evil eye”, (they get annoyed with me,) every time I do that.

Attachments

• 348F9551-69FF-4E05-815C-80B2A31BE939.jpeg
    348F9551-69FF-4E05-815C-80B2A31BE939.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 8F57798C-4D40-4279-952D-04A05978D3FB.jpeg
    8F57798C-4D40-4279-952D-04A05978D3FB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Hi! I don’t keep horses since I can’t ride them anymore but I do have a mini donkey. His name in DonQ, and he is the sweetest thing. Here are some pictures. I have an important question regarding him which I am wondering if this is the right place for the question. I will ask anyway and just let me if it’s ok.

Along with DonQ I also have Nigerian dwarf goats. Four, They all get along well but when it’s time to eat I am having problems. Because DonQ wants to eat the goats feed and the goats prefer to eat DonQ’s food.

My concern is that the goats food is not only medicated but also has copper. As I understand copper is not good for donkeys!

I know I could try to feed them separate, but the barn is not finished and I don’t have the different stables for them to eat at. That’s in the future.

If it’s true that the goats feed is not good for DonQ, because of the copper, is there an universal feed that I can buy that will work for all farm animals housed in the same area?

I am already trying very hard to stop them from eating each other’s food, but they are giving me the “evil eye”, (they get annoyed with me,) every time I do that.
He is lovely. I would help you out about the food but I own horses and have never had donkeys but someone is bound to come along and help

Hi! Welcome to the thread.
LOOOOOVE little DonQ. Oh Boy, Just raining cuteness photos today.
I'd be concerned about DQ eating the goat feed too and would do what I had to do to keep him away from it. Can you tie him up till the goats finish? How about a feed bag? Is everybody getting pellets of some sort, cuz those go pretty quick and then everybody is board... do you feed any hay? DonQ is all sorts of scrumptious, i'd hate to see him get sick or for you to have an awful vet bill and guilt. So never mind the snotty looks from the gang. Just tell them it is for their own good over and over and then maybe you will hear it and feel better about being the "bad guy" ;)
I have a friend who has her horses on a strict diet- she hates fat horses. She feeds pellets and Timothy in a hay bag for boredom. Maybe if they had a distraction like a snack bag they would not be so focused on that one (or 2) meal. It is all fairly simple and worth a try.

WOW!!!! Such a treat to open up this thread to those beautiful faces!!!! :love Oh, I am just in love!!!! Big congratulations and mahalos @CJLR & @JadeFarms. Those photos certainly do a heart good. You can never have too many pictures of beautiful horses as far as I am concerned- hint hint ;). @JadeFarms I sure hope you get plenty of rides in the days to come. She is a beautiful young thing. Will you be getting her some company soon? lol
Right now she lives with a couple goats and they are best friends!! And thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom