Horse cut her leg on fence wire~ how am I doing? ~pics~ any vets/vet techs out there?

Oh, yeah. Looking good!

We had a horse at the barn where I work get a wound like that, right at the base of the hock. The vet didn't stitch it, they often don't do stitches on horses for some reason (depends on the nature and location of the wound, I'm told). I cold-hosed and medicated that thing for weeks before it finally finished healing, but it progressed much as this one has. Good job!

Aside from proudflesh becoming a problem, it appears to be healing nicely. Luckily it wasnt too deep!! She might get lame on it though. But hopefully not!
smile.png

It looks like it is healing reasonable well. However I would have stitched it, the only worry I have is the amount of proud flesh forming that may limit flexibility and cause lameness. Stitching is not all that bad, and if you are a vet tech even better.

I'm guessing the previous poster meant "peroxide on"... I wouldn't recommend peroxide as it can destroy healthy tissue. I think you're doing a wonderful job; it's really healing nicely. I'm a huge fan of Schreiner's for healing wounds.

Back
Top Bottom