Horse halloween costumes!

What would you guys do for a little paint horse? I’ve not yet thought up any ideas lol View attachment 2379987
Here’s her in “clearly edited” mode (i only have my pictures of her on my phone, I’m not using it right now sorry)
You could make him a cowboy! That is what we are doing for our Norwegian Fyord! Jus get a yard long square of red or polka dot fabric, and tie it around his neck like a bandana, and then make him a mini cowboy hat of of cardboard to stick on his halter or head stall! You could even decorate his saddle, to have leather tassels and look more cloths like!

Oh that one is easy...Get some to ride him dressed like a Indian and your horse can be Scout, Tonto's horse.:lau

Image may contain: 1 person

You could make him a cowboy! That is what we are doing for our Norwegian Fyord! Jus get a yard long square of red or polka dot fabric, and tie it around his neck like a bandana, and then make him a mini cowboy hat of of cardboard to stick on his halter or head stall! You could even decorate his saddle, to have leather tassels and look more cloths like!
She would not exactly be as excited as me if I did that! 🤣 Love the idea!

(Don’t worry it’s fine I don’t think I mentioned she was a mare lol)

View attachment 2380201
With our minis, I'm afraid a "My Little Pony" theme has been just about inevitable. One year, they were Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle and Spike.
View attachment 2380213
A couple of years ago, we went with a darker theme; Flutterbat, Nightmare Moon and Discord.

This was for the Animal Costume Contest at our fair. It was fun listening to people trying to guess who they were; you could tell the real MLP fans!

We would have gone with a dragon theme this year, but the fair got cancelled. Maybe next year. 🤔
aww so cute. we haven't made costumes for our minis but we did take them trick or treating in the neighbor hood one year all the little kids loved it the horses even made it on facebook :lau what did you use for the manes?

aww so cute. we haven't made costumes for our minis but we did take them trick or treating in the neighbor hood one year all the little kids loved it the horses even made it on facebook :lau what did you use for the manes?

We used the instant spray-in hair color on manes and tails. We were careful not to get it all the way down to the skin, and washed it out the next day. Blondie (Fluttershy/Flutterbat) needed several wash-and-rinse cycles with the purple shampoo to get all of that pink out of her white hair. :oops: She's such a good sport; she has donned oversized ears and gone viral as the Easter Pony, and worn angel wings and lights for Christmas parades.

We used the instant spray-in hair color on manes and tails. We were careful not to get it all the way down to the skin, and washed it out the next day. Blondie (Fluttershy/Flutterbat) needed several wash-and-rinse cycles with the purple shampoo to get all of that pink out of her white hair. :oops: She's such a good sport; she has donned oversized ears and gone viral as the Easter Pony, and worn angel wings and lights for Christmas parades.
As a blonde this was a hard lesson learned as a kid. After a month of try to wash it out we cut my hair... Kool aid is also a no go. I use finger paints for my gelding. They brush out/wear off eventually. Wisconsin here so no baths this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom