Horse Stall conversion almost finished

tjcib

Songster
5 Years
Feb 22, 2017
Chesterfield, VA
We bought 5 acres that had an abandoned double horse barn/stall. I have been refurbishing it and converting it to a cop over the past month. The only thing I purchased was new roofing and three wall boards.

But it is just about finished...

Aiming for 24 hens and 2 roosters

12'x14' coop
28' of perches
5 nesting boxes (not pictured)
Attached to 1/4 acre of dedicated chicken pasture

IMG_20201125_094645012.jpg

Wonderful! I did the same thing for a winter coop. If your willing, you could open up a space in the existing door and insert an automatic chicken door! I used to go out every morning to let them out, and it was a pain to do. If you don’t prepare for it, Your chickens WILL roost in the rafters and find some way out to the rest of the barn, (in my case, Start laying eggs on a jet-ski) so be careful in order to keep that from happening! I case it does, don’t leave our anything dangerous, like rodent traps and such.

We bought 5 acres that had an abandoned double horse barn/stall. I have been refurbishing it and converting it to a cop over the past month. The only thing I purchased was new roofing and three wall boards.

But it is just about finished...

Aiming for 24 hens and 2 roosters

12'x14' coop
28' of perches
5 nesting boxes (not pictured)
Attached to 1/4 acre of dedicated chicken pasture

View attachment 2424724
Awesome :thumbsup now you need like 20 chickens in there. That one looks so lonely there. LOL

One of my boys said, "dad that 45° cut didn't line up just right."

I told him I'd fix it once the chickens complain.
:lol:

hey, nurture that attention to detail! he'll make a great builder

buuut also teach him how to fudge mistakes into something workable haha

as my SO said yesterday when he cut something a saw blade too short - theres always wood glue to fill the gap

Back
Top Bottom