Horse Talk

Yup! The lady who was originally going to trade me the paint 3 in 1 no showed on me twice, so I started advertising her again but no one was really interested, until this lady came along. But when she came to look at her, I couldn't catch her, she wouldn't stand to be tacked up, she wasn't listening under saddle so I got off and lunged her, she kicked and bucked while lunging, and then I had my cousin ride her for the lady, and she was throwing her head, swishing her tail, crow hopping, fighting her turns, pinning her ears, and wanting to take off. After about 20-30 minutes the lady got on her and she rode great, becuase she really does know what she's doing, but she sure was fresh for a horse who's been broke for about 14 years
1f644.png

It was really stressful and I about lost the sale.
I loooove baby Jack though, he reminds me of Outlaw (mustang I use to have that I seriously regret selling)

Yup! The lady who was originally going to trade me the paint 3 in 1 no showed on me twice, so I started advertising her again but no one was really interested, until this lady came along. But when she came to look at her, I couldn't catch her, she wouldn't stand to be tacked up, she wasn't listening under saddle so I got off and lunged her, she kicked and bucked while lunging, and then I had my cousin ride her for the lady, and she was throwing her head, swishing her tail, crow hopping, fighting her turns, pinning her ears, and wanting to take off. After about 20-30 minutes the lady got on her and she rode great, becuase she really does know what she's doing, but she sure was fresh for a horse who's been broke for about 14 years
1f644.png

It was really stressful and I about lost the sale.
I loooove baby Jack though, he reminds me of Outlaw (mustang I use to have that I seriously regret selling)

Sorry about all the troubles you've had! :hugs Glad you like Jack though. :)

We are getting the QH mare tomorrow. I just wish she wasn't going lame.. Also it's another older horse for me to worry about other then Bert who's about 22
1f629.png
. Also the mare won't cross water when someone is riding her, she almost killed my uncle when she flipped over and had him pinned underneath her in a creek.. I will have to try and lead her across the creek this spring and see what she does.

Going through some old pictures

Every summer she goes through a phase, last summer it was not wanting to stand still when I got on.

Adjusting stirrups

My awesome Grandpa who's 76
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Hmm so I rode June today, I had her trotting and tried to get her into a lope (I have to use the riding whip) and she bucked! Not a big buck but definitely more than a crow hop. I laughed it off and kept her trotting. And then we were trotting really fast and she slipped and took a huge stumble, and it pitched me forward and up in the air, I felt like I was pretty far up, probably above the fence, and everything was out of the saddle except my right foot, so I ripped it out of the stirrup, went sailing over her shoulder, and BAM, landed on my feet
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

I was so amazed at sticking the landing that I started cracking up and then hopped back on and kept working.
So that was my excitement for the day, I'm gonna ride her tomorrow if I get time, hopefully it goes a little better lol

We are getting the QH mare tomorrow. I just wish she wasn't going lame.. Also it's another older horse for me to worry about other then Bert who's about 22
1f629.png
. Also the mare won't cross water when someone is riding her, she almost killed my uncle when she flipped over and had him pinned underneath her in a creek.. I will have to try and lead her across the creek this spring and see what she does.

Going through some old pictures

Every summer she goes through a phase, last summer it was not wanting to stand still when I got on.

Adjusting stirrups

My awesome Grandpa who's 76
1f60a.png

Wonderful pictures!
Hmm so I rode June today, I had her trotting and tried to get her into a lope (I have to use the riding whip) and she bucked! Not a big buck but definitely more than a crow hop. I laughed it off and kept her trotting. And then we were trotting really fast and she slipped and took a huge stumble, and it pitched me forward and up in the air, I felt like I was pretty far up, probably above the fence, and everything was out of the saddle except my right foot, so I ripped it out of the stirrup, went sailing over her shoulder, and BAM, landed on my feet
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

I was so amazed at sticking the landing that I started cracking up and then hopped back on and kept working.
So that was my excitement for the day, I'm gonna ride her tomorrow if I get time, hopefully it goes a little better lol

Lol, that's great! Well, not great that you fell, but great that you landed on the feet! :)
The mare we are getting

Beautiful!
Got updated pictures of my filly today! Can't wait to get her
2764.png

:love Is she a buckskin? Looks like it from the pictures....

She's dunalino! She does look buckskin there though. I imagine she will lighten as she gets older like her sister did

Back
Top Bottom