Horse Talk

You use a 1:10 solution of bleach to water and don't soak it, just squirt it in like you would coppertox. I have had bleach on my skin and in cuts at this solution or stronger with no ill effects other than some stinging when it gets in the cuts.

No, seriously, even diluted bleach is bad. Kopertox isn't good either. I'm a farrier, I deal with this stuff daily.

Vets are also not legally allowed to give medical advice to humans.... It can get them in a lot of trouble.

After 30+ years of using all sorts of thrush products, I was finally told the easiest and best treatment out there... Tomorrow. As in the mastitis product. Not Today, but Tomorrow. It comes in syringes with a canula tip meant to be inserted into a teat. The tip is PERFECT for getting the meds deep into the crevices where thrush lives, and there is NO MESS. None what so ever. I love the stuff. Mild thrush clears with a single dose, and the worst thrush takes a week of daily treatment. It is super cheap, and did I mention NO MESS!

Yep, Tomorrow is good stuff. Its an antibiotic though, so should be used 1-2x daily for 7-14 days then discontinued. Absorbine Hooflex Thrush Remedy is a good option for longer term use. No Thrush powder also works well in some situations.

Okay so I noticed that June's udder is swollen today, it's hard but not hot, I'm going to call the vet Monday, but I'm assuming it must be mastitis or swollen from fly bites?
When my cousin lived with me (October through January) she did have a stud horse but they were in separate pastures on opposite sides of the property, so I don't think there's any chance he got her
IMG_7045.JPG
IMG_7048.JPG
IMG_7053.JPG

Ugh, yeah, I posted in a Facebook group and messaged a breeder friend and literally everyone has said she looks pregnant

Oh boy, I hope she's not pregnant for your sake! But if she is, is he a good stud/horse in general or? What's he like?

I've heard of dogs jumping through windows or over fences to get to females in heat so it wouldn't surprise me if they somehow bred. Did he ever get loose or jump fences? Or maybe they bred through the fence? Were they next to each other?

If it's only one nipple though and clear like that I would think maybe just something medical and not pregnant? One can hope lol

I know, every time you talk about something I'm like wow this is my twin :lol:
And wait.. you ride in a tiny saddle? Haha.
I have more saddles than I have horses right now
XD LITTLE TEENY. The stirrups are so short.... -_-
Oihoohooj can i have one PLEEEEASE?? XD

Okay so I noticed that June's udder is swollen today, it's hard but not hot, I'm going to call the vet Monday, but I'm assuming it must be mastitis or swollen from fly bites?
When my cousin lived with me (October through January) she did have a stud horse but they were in separate pastures on opposite sides of the property, so I don't think there's any chance he got her
View attachment 1077918 View attachment 1077921 View attachment 1077922
Oh boy......
Since i have 0 experience with pregnant horses i shall just sit and watch this conversation.
And i shall hope she isnt pregnant. :fl

Hi just found this thread read the first ten pages and jumped to the end.
I have had experience with pregnant mares and your girl looks it.... It really looks like Someone got to her...

If she was bred in October.... July would make her nine months along. Since horses go 11-12 months... She would be due September or October.... My mare went 12 she was a maiden mare.

By now you should be able to see baby kicking now and then. Get a vet check....

For what its worth and I am sure you have been told lots of stuff. Foals are a Hoot. Handle them alot but let em be horses.

I have my last horse right now Shes a Percheron. Her name is Katee... Registered Rocking Jolly Kateen. Shes 22 and I am 62.

katee and i cropped.jpg

shes seven in this picture our one and only show.

deb

Back
Top Bottom