Horse Talk

OH MY GOSH!! Guess what! I rode June tonight for a few minutes but then I decided to get off and do some groundwork instead, so I walked her out into the yard (so, no fences in sight) and I started lunging her for a while, I kept making her switch directions and made sure her attention was on me, then after a while I took her halter off and tied it around the top of her neck behind her ears, and started lunging again, then I eventually moved it down to the bottom of her neck and lunged a while longer, AND THEN! I took the rope OFF! And I lunged her! And she did circles around me! AT LIBERTY! AT A TROT!!
I'm really excited!! Lol. She just went around a couple times the first time so I stopped and gave her some love and then I did a few more times and built up to doing quite a few circles around me. We probably did Liberty circles for about 15 minutes. Ahh. I've been dreaming of this since I first started working with her last year

OH MY GOODNESS!!! DUDE THATS SO AWESOME!!!!! :wee :celebrate :clap :ya
Only time I've ever come close to that was with Derby.... When she was alone, and that was before I had a clue what I was doing. :rolleyes:

OH MY GOSH!! Guess what! I rode June tonight for a few minutes but then I decided to get off and do some groundwork instead, so I walked her out into the yard (so, no fences in sight) and I started lunging her for a while, I kept making her switch directions and made sure her attention was on me, then after a while I took her halter off and tied it around the top of her neck behind her ears, and started lunging again, then I eventually moved it down to the bottom of her neck and lunged a while longer, AND THEN! I took the rope OFF! And I lunged her! And she did circles around me! AT LIBERTY! AT A TROT!!
I'm really excited!! Lol. She just went around a couple times the first time so I stopped and gave her some love and then I did a few more times and built up to doing quite a few circles around me. We probably did Liberty circles for about 15 minutes. Ahh. I've been dreaming of this since I first started working with her last year
Isn't that fun?

Jasmine is one year old today! My big baby :love
Snapseed.jpg

I've been cleaning out my tack room and getting rid of things, choosing things to sell. After all, I only plan on ever having 2 horses, so only need tack to ride 2 at a time, plus a few spare things of course, haha!

:lau Wooleyer mammoth. XD
His "summer coat" you can bury up to your 1st knuckle in fluff, it's LONG, like a short hair cat length. His winter coat... You use a comb on it not a brush... Some of it gets 4 or more inches long... and then his beard.... it's ridiculous... he'll still be alive if he gets dumped into an ice age... but, his little legs are too short to handle any significant snow, he can't move in 2 foot of snow so he stays inside (with the hay and water tubs) while the others wander around outside...

Back
Top Bottom