Horse Triplets. Hatching on 3/27

Pics
I think it would be interesting to hatch out more of these horses and study the feathering out patterns.
My bantam cochins noticeably feather out differently depending on sex. The males have short little wing feathers and take forever to feather out on their backs. The females feather out evenly and have longer wing feathers.
It'd be cool to see if there was a way to tell with your horses.

I think it would be interesting to hatch out more of these horses and study the feathering out patterns.
My bantam cochins noticeably feather out differently depending on sex. The males have short little wing feathers and take forever to feather out on their backs. The females feather out evenly and have longer wing feathers.
It'd be cool to see if there was a way to tell with your horses.
They have two different moms for sure. They came from two different colored eggs.
I am still thinking Egg A is going to be a boy and he just happens to be feathering in much slower.

Screenshot_20190401-081508.png

Last edited:
They have two different moms for sure. They came from two different colored eggs.
I am still thinking Egg A is going to be a boy and he just happens to be feathering in much slower.

View attachment 1722389
:loveSo cute!!

When I brought my first chicks home, I freaked out when I saw a few of them sleeping like this. I thought they were dead.

Last edited:
How're the horsies today, Kiki?
Good.
Today makes them one week old.
I can't believe I haven't wasted a million papers towels. 2 chicks do not make a lot of poop.

I think I am going to keep them inside a week longer.

I need to weigh them again too.

Back
Top Bottom