horses come and talk horse with me

I heard they can come in white too. Is that true?
The only way they could be full body grey or white is if they are mixed with another breed (like Andalusian--which makes a Warlander). There is no purebred white Friesian.

The only white you'll see on a purebred Friesian is a star or sock. And this is quite rare. But it can happen. :D

The only way they could be full body grey or white is if they are mixed with another breed (like Andalusian--which makes a Warlander). There is no purebred white Friesian.

The only white you'll see on a purebred Friesian is a star or sock. And this is quite rare. But it can happen. :D
I found something! The only way a friesian can be white is if they are albino!
1617388404305.jpeg

Well, I have never heard of an albino horse. So, I did a little research and turns out, horses cannot be albino:

http://www.whitehorseproductions.com/white.html

Now, you will see colors such as cremello and perlino, but those horse's will have pigmented eyes. Albinos have no pigment. Back before genetics were studied and known, these horses were called "albino" but genetically were not.

Horse pictured is not a Friesian, looks like a draft pony breed in cremello or perlino coloring.

If a Friesian is colored like this, it has to have the cream dilution from another breed--therefore it wouldn't be a purebred Friesian. :)

Well, I have never heard of an albino horse. So, I did a little research and turns out, horses cannot be albino:

http://www.whitehorseproductions.com/white.html

Now, you will see colors such as cremello and perlino, but those horse's will have pigmented eyes. Albinos have no pigment. Back before genetics were studied and known, these horses were called "albino" but genetically were not.

Horse pictured is not a Friesian, looks like a draft pony breed in cremello or perlino coloring.

If a Friesian is colored like this, it has to have the cream dilution from another breed--therefore it wouldn't be a purebred Friesian. :)
Correct. Albinism does not occur in horses.

Cremello and perlino are double dilutes. They require two copies of the cream dilution gene. Therefore, there would need to be more cross breeding to try to create a Friesian-like horse of either of these two colors. You'd need to take progeny back to a dilute and cross fingers the resulting foal gets 2 copies of the dilute gene.

What's everyone's favorite breed of horse? Any particular one you wish you could own?
(I know this is a very very hard question, so you can do your 5 favorite breeds)
Ill post mine soon...

Friesian would be my number 1 favorite breed. Breeds that I really like or would like to own:
Gypsy Vanner
Icelandic
Barock Pinto
Andalusian from the Cartuja Stud in Spain
Lusitano

I actually like all breeds of horses. They all have their place in someone's heart and I think it's wonderful that we get such a great variety!

:love

Friesian would be my number 1 favorite breed. Breeds that I really like or would like to own:
Gypsy Vanner
Icelandic
Barock Pinto
Andalusian from the Cartuja Stud in Spain
Lusitano

I actually like all breeds of horses. They all have their place in someone's heart and I think it's wonderful that we get such a great variety!

:love
Exactly! Great choices. I like all of them too!!
just to name a few though:
Clydesdale
Tennessee walking
Egyptian Arabian
Fjord
Knabstrup
Morgan

Palomino would be my no 1 favorite, but I have had some confusion on breed and color, I know there is a palomino color, but I think there's a breed too, am I correct?

Back
Top Bottom