horses come and talk horse with me

Pics
Here's a fun fact: While Friesians are known for their jet black coats, sometimes a chestnut horse can be produced! These are called Red Friesians!

A black Friesian:
Friesian Profile Pic (Friso).jpg

A red (or chestnut) Friesian:
Red Fries.jpg

Well, I have never heard of an albino horse. So, I did a little research and turns out, horses cannot be albino:

http://www.whitehorseproductions.com/white.html

Now, you will see colors such as cremello and perlino, but those horse's will have pigmented eyes. Albinos have no pigment. Back before genetics were studied and known, these horses were called "albino" but genetically were not.

Horse pictured is not a Friesian, looks like a draft pony breed in cremello or perlino coloring.

If a Friesian is colored like this, it has to have the cream dilution from another breed--therefore it wouldn't be a purebred Friesian. :)
Correct. Albinism does not occur in horses.

Cremello and perlino are double dilutes. They require two copies of the cream dilution gene. Therefore, there would need to be more cross breeding to try to create a Friesian-like horse of either of these two colors. You'd need to take progeny back to a dilute and cross fingers the resulting foal gets 2 copies of the dilute gene.

Back
Top Bottom