Rode my horse in the dark yesterday
6E4C1A05-F08E-4560-810B-AEF64DAFD396.jpeg

It was hard to get a good picture lol

What's the average monthly cost for a horse if they're boarded? I live in SE PA.
Stall board per month will likely be $400 on the low end. Pasture will likely be around $250. It's very area dependent. Sometimes you can bring that down if you provide your own hay and feed etc. Most of the time farrier isn't included. So take on another $45-50 a month for trims.

What's the average monthly cost for a horse if they're boarded? I live in SE PA.
I think this would be really dependent on what you are looking for in board. From discipline to training and lesson options to amenities like indoor arena and turnout options.

Your area will determine price too. If you are in a more agricultural area, board price may be lower than a more suburban area.

Board prices can fluctuate from $200 to $1000+ depending on your needs and location.

Figure out what exactly you need in board and browse around on the 'net with your location.

Good luck to you!

Stall board per month will likely be $400 on the low end. Pasture will likely be around $250. It's very area dependent. Sometimes you can bring that down if you provide your own hay and feed etc. Most of the time farrier isn't included. So take on another $45-50 a month for trims.
Hay's increased so much this year, board is increasing like crazy in my area. If you live in an agricultural area, hay and board might be less expensive, but vet and farrier care will cost more due to those folks paying more for fuel to drive around.
Full-care board (cleaned stall, turnout, clean water and hay) can't be found for less than $400, and if there's an arena, $500-600 is typical. Up to $700-$1000 depending on how short you want your commute to be.
Of course, if you live in a less-expensive area, or know somebody with a private pasture situation, you might find something less costly. Can't get away from those crazy hay expenses, though!

Hay's increased so much this year, board is increasing like crazy in my area. If you live in an agricultural area, hay and board might be less expensive, but vet and farrier care will cost more due to those folks paying more for fuel to drive around.
Full-care board (cleaned stall, turnout, clean water and hay) can't be found for less than $400, and if there's an arena, $500-600 is typical. Up to $700-$1000 depending on how short you want your commute to be.
Of course, if you live in a less-expensive area, or know somebody with a private pasture situation, you might find something less costly. Can't get away from those crazy hay expenses, though!
I make my own hay, but I pay attention. It's cheaper here than a lot of places I think.

I said $400 on the low end. Average here for full stall board is around $500. World Show level WP trainers charge $750 which includes training.

I make my own hay, but I pay attention. It's cheaper here than a lot of places I think.

I said $400 on the low end. Average here for full stall board is around $500. World Show level WP trainers charge $750 which includes training.
This is why I said area dependant. You probably couldn't touch a stall for less than almost double that up near Boston Mass.

Back
Top Bottom