Yes, this is my first horse, but I have been around horses, worked with horses, and ridden from the time I turned 8yrs old.
That's awesome!! Sounds like you have plenty of experience, then! It just might be a lot to take on another horse that needs work when you just got one, I don't think I'd be able to do it. Honestly, I'm barely able to give my one horse time even when I've had him this long, lol.

We don't know you or who you know. We didn't see the ad. After having horses for over 20 years, I wanted to make sure you were prepared just in case. I have heard more stories and experienced even more myself. I used to have 11 horses. After my husband died, I rehomed a few. So yes - I know what those sad stories are like. I've lived one. I've also heard a lot of sad stories that were nothing more than selling strategies to unload crazy horses onto unsuspecting, kind people. I'd rather say something than just not say something. Just in case.

However, not knowing anything other than what you said - here is how I read it.

What you said:

How I read it in brackets:
The lady says she’s a bit skittish[good luck catching her], is broke to ride, but it’s been about a year and she’s one of the horses that tends to ‘forget’ what’s expected of her, so she’ll take some work [she needs a trainer because she was ridden inconsistently and then put out to pasture]

None of these things could be true. Some could be. All could be. Those are ways horse people talk to sugar coat issues. That's why when I hear things like that - my flags come up. It seems she's already explained the reason for her sitting and for selling. That's good. Glad you have someone experienced going with you. Please keep us posted - she's cute!
Agreed.
Buying horses is a shady business. Some people are honest and try to find the best homes for their horses and some people just try to get rid of them.
I got my first horse seven months ago and there’s so many things her owners didn’t tell me. Like that she’s a nervous horse, rears, she’s scared of crops, and that she’s very hard to stop. She’s also pretty temperamental but they didn’t tell us that. I was a complete beginner when we bought her. They said the reason for selling her was that they had too many horses and their daughter already had 4 horses. And that might be true but they were mostly just trying to get rid of her because she kept refusing jumps (because 110 was too much for her).

Anyway good luck with your new horse!

Y’all what is this lump? It’s soft in consistency almost like a fatty cyst (you can see it sticking
98FE7682-E363-4E09-8E11-5366E6D52F0E.jpeg
09AFCED9-7D32-4768-8193-3102EB2EF843.jpeg
out off center)

Back
Top Bottom