Horses

How sad...
hit.gif
Put tears in my eyes... I have a 31 year old Arab who has Melanoma cancer (he's grey) in his brain. This often causes seizures... It's awfully heartbreaking when your boarding buddy calls to say your horse has just had a seizure, and he's not getting up. Of course we're used to it now, but...
~~Rezia

Maybe it helps to know that something good came out of this tragedy for us: our mare, an American Quarter horse (this Dutch girl knows good horses ;) ), was my geldings love-of-his-life. They shared a stable, did everything together, so when he died, Pride got sad. Because we bred her before, we knew she feels on top of the world when she's pregnant, so we decided, one month after our gelding died, to breed her again. From the moment she got home from the stallion, I knew she was pregnant and I knew this time it had to be a little colt. And it was. After 363 days our little guy Biscuit was born. And he's been curing my broken heart ever since. He's 20 months old now, and I love him so so much.
I still miss my gelding, but his dead also brought something beautiful, and I'm thankful for that every day.

I remember when I had to sell my first pony. Cried like a baby :( His name was Blue and his show name was 'Once in a blue moon'. He was the sweetest boy ever, and a beautiful blue roan appy color. Well almost 10 years later I found a mini horse the same color! Smart and friendly, and such a looker. So I bought him! I named him Indigo, he is such a sweet heart. And now I have another roan appy mini horse named Peanut!

Indigo when I went to get him from his old home

My two boys :) Indigo a.k.a. "Twice in a Blue Moon" on the left and Peanut a.k.a.
"Third Time's the Charm"

Here I am with Peanut at the local fair. Everyone just loved him!

The two boys coming over to say hi while I took a nap out in the field :p

Hi!
These are my family's horses:

My horse: Black Cloud (Dusty's sire)

ZC

Patch (left) and Pepper (right): best friends forever!

200x200px-ZC-cda95942_Virginia2008157.jpeg

Jasper: a nosy little freeloader! But I love him and so does my family!

200x200px-ZC-563b6b4b_1stCard704.jpeg

Beautiful Pepper!

200x200px-ZC-e27e1d70_1stCard339.jpeg

From left to right: Socks, Cannonball, and Snow White (we were horse-sitting her for the weekend)

200x200px-ZC-f508eb23_1stCard224.jpeg

We have a lot more horses, but I don't have pictures of them... I'll try to get some.

And Melabella, your husbands horse looks exactly like my dad's, it's the same breed mix and color (my dad's horse is named Sir Pokey).

Other horses that I don't have a picture of:
Dusty ( Marigold's foal)- grey dapple stallion with silvery flaxen mane, tail, and forelock and a white jag right down his forehead and it's shaped exactly like lightning!
Marigold (Dusty's dam)- palomino mare
Storm- black Arabian stallion
Elska- grey dappled Icelandic mare
Trudy- chestnut mare with black mane, tail, and forelock and white star. Her job is to pull a rig around our farm and does great with it!
Phoenix- white gelding

And we had a mare that died last spring, Lady. She was a black Arabian with a black mane, tail, and forelock and had white socks on all four feet up to her knee and a perfect white diamond-shaped star just below her forelock.
Rest in Peace, Lady.

Last edited:
Almost 22, had her for a year, she as my "first" horse, acted like a hotheaded 3 year old arab for every else, but for me she was a nice calm 15 year old laid back mare (not gelding XD no way, she still had her quirks) after she learned that there is more then two speeds, stop and "Oh my God my skin is peeling off my face" were what she only knew when she first got her.

Back
Top Bottom