Horses!!!!!!!!

It's still there. I'm losing my whole place. After 4 years of cleaning, spraying, brushhogging and doing it again.
I know, it's frustrating and disappointing. But you were renting; you had to know that at some point, you'd be leaving all your hard work behind.

This was one of the most aggravating things at the barn where I worked. The guy who owns the place leased it out to several different people while I was there. All saw potential for one thing or another, but though the barn owner encouraged them to make any improvements they liked (running it past him first, naturally), he wasn't willing to pay for it himself, and they were reluctant to spend their money on what was, after all, his property. Several people would have readily bought the place, but the barn owner was adamant - he wasn't selling it. Eventually, each lessee left, having learned that they just couldn't even break even with the place as it was, and the owner still doesn't understand why he can't keep tenants . . . .
he.gif

Last edited:
If you can buy land, buy some! That is the thing about renting is the owner can revoke the lease at any time. And of course having a mortgage, that is pretty much like renting if you ask me because if you can't afford the payments and they do not give you a mod, they will take your home does not matter if one has any where to go.

This economy has been hard on a lot of people. and a lot of people dumped horses onto auction houses because they lost jobs or had their pay cut back and could no longer afford to board, or they were foreclosed on. And all of the rescue places in my area are overloaded.

I've been trying to buy this place for 4 years. He said uhh not now. Now he say's move out I'm moving back. This may be a blessing in disguise. Now I have to buy the place I've always wanted. May have to just get land and work on the house while living in my camper. But I work on the road and this new place could make me money so I don't have to be gone near as much.

I've been trying to buy this place for 4 years. He said uhh not now. Now he say's move out I'm moving back. This may be  a blessing in disguise. Now I have to buy the place I've always wanted. May have to just get land and work on the house while living in my camper. But I work on the road and this new place could make me money so I don't have to be gone near as much.

You are lucky to have a camper that you can live in while fixing up the house. Definitely a blessing in disguise, especially since you will be getting the land you've wanted.:)

I've been trying to buy this place for 4 years. He said uhh not now. Now he say's move out I'm moving back. This may be a blessing in disguise. Now I have to buy the place I've always wanted. May have to just get land and work on the house while living in my camper. But I work on the road and this new place could make me money so I don't have to be gone near as much.
Tough lesson, but I've seen it before; if it isn't actually on the market (like, in the hands of a realtor), it's probably not for sale. An owner will take advantage of all the free work and improvements you will do, but until you have something that is legally binding in place, it can all go "poof!" in an instant, and you are just out of luck.
idunno.gif

Good luck at finding a place where you can put down roots and grow!

I have a camper because I work on the road. It's cheaper than a hotel and I didn't have a house. I still work on the road. Occasionally gone for months. That's why I want land. To quit being gone so much. I used to like it. I got to travel and am naturally good at it. But I'd like to stay home more AND not go broke. I actually found this place while working. Need/wanted a place to put my horses next to the job and me. I lucked out. It's 4 years later. He did mention selling it b4 I started renting. I lucked out on the place but have lost ALOT of $ not working just to ride horses and watch my chickens run.

My current horses don't pull carts, but if I ever do get another I would like for it to pull.
Sounds like fun. I've never done it before.

My current horses don't pull carts, but if I ever do get another I would like for it to pull.

I wouldn't mind getting a small buck board for my mares except the cost for a harness and wagon. But my mom has mini's and carts. I very much enjoyed running around in them, whether it was with saddle horses or large drafts and a big wagon. VERY FUN.

I wouldn't mind getting a small buck board for my mares except the cost for a harness and wagon. But my mom has mini's and carts. I very much enjoyed running around in them, whether it was with saddle horses or large drafts and a big wagon. VERY FUN.

I drove a wagon pulled by percherons once. It was surprisingly easy! They are so gentle...i guess that is why they are "gentle giants". It is so fun to drive a wagon.
Also, when we went to Montana in August I rode " shotgun" on the stage coach they had. That was awesome! For 10 minutes out of 30 we were at a full out gallop! The horses' names were Death and Destruction by the way... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom