Hospital to ban odor of smoke on workers' clothes.

Would you rather your Doctor or Nurse to be a smoker,drinker or drugger????

None of the above. I can't stomach cigarette smell on anyone's clothing. Grew up with it. My DH grew up with it even worse than I did because both of his parents were chain smokers. His mother died of emphysema and his brother has emphysema, is on oxygen and still smoking. We have a no smoking policy in our home, but the clothing from someone who has been smoking in their car with the windows up is enough to send me into coughing fits. I just can't take it and if I was already in the hospital, it wouldn't help my recovery one iota.

No one recovering in a hospital should have to deal with it. That is what we're talking about here, not society in general, but sick folks in hospitals. Let's stick to the original premise of the thread and not go off on tangents.​

Quote:
REALLY???????????? WOW!!!! How could testing positive for nicotene interfere with that person's job performance? This is my first time hearing about something like this. Interesting........

Quote:
REALLY???????????? WOW!!!! How could testing positive for nicotene interfere with that person's job performance? This is my first time hearing about something like this. Interesting........

My guess would be that the no nicotene policy has to do with health issues of the employee rather than performance. Tobacco kills - it's a fact that can not be disputed. Not judging here. I'm a nicotene addict - just haven't indulged in almost 3 years. It's still a daily battle for me.

Quote:

It has nothing to do with job performance. You are correct, it is not affected at all.

It is about insurance cost.

Imp

Quote:

I saw something about it on the news yesterday.

It does cause performance decline. They say the average smoker looses about two weeks a year in work hours from continual smoke breaks. It also stated the average smoker has about 5,000 dollars more a year in medical costs than non smokers, and it really affects businesses that pay for employee health care.

In a business setting, if an employee is dealing with a customer or a potential business deal, the smell of smoke on them is quite obvious to non smokers and may turn the customer/business partner off, loosing companies money in the process.

It makes economic sense.

Ok I understand about smoking, trust me I understand perfumes ( people take strong offense when you comment )both can make you gag. I will NOT get on an elevator if it opens & strong perfume is present.I won't give up my coffee it is the only thing that get's me through a 14 hour workday.
barnie.gif

All hospital employees should also live in pet free homes, they shouldn't be allowed cats, dogs, horses, or chickens because they should be more sensitive to those that have animal allergies. Also, all healthcare personal should be strictly prohibited from consuming any products that contain peanuts, shellfish, gluten and milk. No complaining, you should absolutely restrict any and all personal freedoms they may have for the good of the few. I personally don't like the color brown so in order to not infringe upon my personal tastes that color should also be banned.

Quote:
Not to be totally rude but have you lost your mind ?? That is one one of the most insensitive things I have ever heard. Or just plain funny at how pc everything has become.
Really not trying to be flaming .

Quote:
Not to be totally rude but have you lost your mind ?? That is one one of the most insensitive things I have ever heard. Or just plain funny at how pc everything has become.
Really not trying to be flaming .

That might be coming down the road, in some form.
lol.png

The next thing is bio-metric testing. It has already started. That is being weighed, measured, counseled for health conditions etc. I went though it earlier this year. I'll get $200 off my health care costs next year, for going through it.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom