Host a BYC Traveling Mascot!

Hi All. I am sorry it has taken so long to post the adventures of a new mascot which my family has decided to name Tootsie. I am hoping this is were her adventures should be posted. First let me start at the begining. My BYC mascot sat at the post office for a full week before someone could go get her. See I had a small accident in April (due to my lack of grace I fell off a step while trying to fill feeders for the chicks) what was thought to be a bad sprain has turned into a possible surgery for pinning a ripped ligament and tendon.

15098_silkies_031.jpg

Anyway once I recieved my wonderful package and opened it this is what popped out.
15098_dscn0226.jpg

My doxie Bocephus wanted so much to play with her but Tootsie really wasnt into rough housing!
15098_dscn0355.jpg

I was so excited to introduce her to my family but enclosed was a little note saying she needed a name, so I took a vote from my daughter and nieces, they wanted to name her foofie (YUCK! they explained it was a loveable blanket in the movie Madagascar 2).
15098_dscn0100.jpg

15098_dscn0098.jpg

Well the name really didnt fit so the agreement was made to official change the name to Tootsie. Tootsie had an exciting week, she had to attend an award ceremony, a graduation and a graduation party (and boy does she like to celebrate!).
15098_dscn0158.jpg

15098_dscn0229.jpg

15098_dscn0234.jpg

She is wonderful at decorating and blowing up balloons.
15098_dscn0097.jpg

Then it rained, and rained and rained and rained and since she doesnt care for water, her adventures were limited (My foot didnt help the situation). In fact I think I caught her trying to building an ark at one point.
15098_dscn0228.jpg

Tootsie has officially graduated and though she will be missed, she is ready to go and visit a new member of BYC!
15098_dscn0363.jpg

Tootsie is adorable!! I just love the picture of her blowing up the balloon- I
gig.gif
at that.
Sorry to hear about your foot.. look here *points to my scar from just under my wrist running 2/3 of the way down my arm* I had an owwie where I totally shredded a ligament in my wrist. No pins but do have a 4 inch long metal plate ( held in place by 5 screws) that they used to put my arm back together after shortening the arm bone. ( LOL I know it seems silly that they shortened my arm bone for a wrist injury..but it worked, kinda) I wouldn't want this type injury in a foot. I hope everything heals without needing any surgery.

Last edited:
YAY!!!!!! Cute pictures!!!! I am sooooo glad she had a great time and getting to graduate and partay too, how awesome!!!!!! Tootsie the Turkey, cute!!! Thank you jbowyer!!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
btw, that gumbo?/paella? looks like it would turn out soooooo yummy!! I love crawdads!!!

Last edited:
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
Thanks for the pictures, jbowyer!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

And I am loving the name Tootsie Turkey, too. How cute that she's a graduate as well! What school did she graduate from?

Will consult the lists and send you an address soon!!
wee.gif

clap.gif
Yay! So glad to see Tootsie having a good time. I bet she loved the party.
celebrate.gif

Hope your injury is quick to heal.
fl.gif

Is there a place where we can see the list of mascot hosts? How do we know which mascot we are scheduled to get, and how many people are ahead of us? I hope I am doing something fun when it is my turn!

More! More!
smile.png

Tootsie Turkey is adorable!

I am sorry for your leg accident,
but happy to hear that you made the best of Tootsie's visit.
Looks and sounds like she had a great time!

Quote:
Post 1 is updated as often as I can get to it! You should find your name there
wink.png

And since we don't have very many people signed up right now, the mascots are flying right along! (get it? flying right along? I quack myself up sometimes)

And you don't have to be doing something special when you get the mascot! LilBizzy did routine things with Beaker, and the 'day in my life' feel of the story was really cool.
Being a host shouldn't be stressful or expensive. Just have fun and take pictures!

HOORAY! We got to meet the new Turkey! Looks like she enjoyed the time she spent with you! Sorry about your leg injury, hope you heal up soon!
I think the main purpose of the mascots is to let everyone else see a little of your life and have fun, not to go all out trying to out-do each other. Just share a little of your visit, and pass them on to the next person. I would love to see them STAY in circulation for a year (with no layovers)! How about it? Can it be done? So far, so good! Keep it up everyone! Kind of like the hot-potato game!

Back
Top Bottom