Hot shipped quail eggs?

CajunChickenGuy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 15, 2014
I just got 4 dozen hatching quail eggs delivered to my house and tracking shows that they spent 9 hours in the delivery truck today. The box was quite warm...certainly 90+ degrees.

Should I still wait 24 hours before putting them in the incubator, or should I start them now?

Last edited:
I received some shipped eggs that where warm to the touch " they sat in the mail box for an hour" I went ahead and put them in the incubator as soon as I opened the box and had an 78% hatch rate

I live in the southwest desert and my eggs routinely are 90+ degrees when I collect them every afternoon. Even though I collect every couple of hours they are in the heat before I collect them. They hatch just fine. The worst that can happen is they may start developing a little. Just set them in your incubator like any shipped eggs. Now if they get over 102 for very long your hatch rate will plummet.

Last edited:
Hi guys no one knows a breeder of Tuxedo/pied or other various mutations of button quail in Australia that posts fertile eggs do they.
I would really like to get some of them
cheers

Well, they are all in my Brinsea Eco 20. Temp right a 100, humidity at 45-50 and the auto turner is on. I'm a hvac guy by trade, so temp and humidity are my life! I'll post my hatch rate here in a couple of weeks. Of course, this is my first time hatching anything...so 20-50% with shipped eggs would be very welcome.

Back
Top Bottom